PDA

View Full Version : HM (v1.06.04 rc7) Unstable/Locks up

fly fisher
11-24-2008, 12:45 PM
My HM (v1.06.04 rc7) is unstable with at least a couple of failure modes! I'm a long-time PokerTracker user. I chose HM, in large part, because of PT3's instability. Now this... Here's what happens:

Insability #1
HM 'locks up'/freezes, error messages pop up, and I must Restart/Reboot my computer to restart the program.

Question: How do I post screen shots (or links to screen shots) of the error messages?

Here's a summary of the pop-up's messages --

1st pop-up - "The following error occurred when trying to open the database. Connection establishment timeout. Increase Timeout value in ConnectionString." I click 'OK'.

2nd pop-up - Database Control Panel appears saying that HM needs to know where to find the database. I click 'Connect', but nothing happens.

3rd pop-up - [Microsoft .Net Framework] Unhandled exception has occurred... Connection establishment timeout. Increase timeout value... I click 'Quit'.

HM will not start unless I reboot/restart my computer.

Insability #2
With just a couple of tables open, I open HUD Options>Player Preferences window, make a change to one of my HUD configs (like change font size), then click 'Apply'. Immediately, the HUD displays on the tables start to 'flicker'. After a couple of seconds, the Player Preferences window closes on its own; flickering stops.

-end-

Al1
11-24-2008, 01:45 PM
Are you on Vista?

To printsceen:

Press the "PrintScreen" key on your keyboard. Or Alt+PrintScreen to copy only the active window.
Go to a graphical editor like "Paint".
Paste.
Select the aera you want.
Save in *.jpg.
Upload your file here. www.imageshack.us or attach your image to your post.

fly fisher
11-24-2008, 01:57 PM
Sorry. No, on this computer I'm running XP Pro.

I've got the screen print .jpeg files. I was trying to get the actual images to show in the post rather than as attachments. Wouldn't that make the post easier to understand? I guess it's gotta be thru a link....

TEST

Al1
11-24-2008, 02:05 PM
Save it as *.jpg, otherwise it's to big.

fly fisher
11-24-2008, 02:29 PM
All right, just happened again. The attachment is the error pop-up. My operating system is Windows XP Professional.

HM locks up when I simply switch from the Import tab to the Players tab. I have to restart my computer to run HM! This is very frustrating.

Al1
11-25-2008, 10:21 AM
All right, just happened again. The attachment is the error pop-up. My operating system is Windows XP Professional.

HM locks up when I simply switch from the Import tab to the Players tab. I have to restart my computer to run HM! This is very frustrating.

Can you uninstall/reinstall .net framework.