PDA

View Full Version : import fail, can't open HEM 1, c drive full

JLlama
10-13-2013, 01:15 PM
Ok so this is probably a few problems combined, and I'm hoping to get instructions how to resolve it without breaking anything.

I recently starting using both HM2 and HM1 (previously only using 1). I realized that some of my hands weren't making it to both, as if they were archived in HM2 while 1 wasn't importing, they would get buried in HM2archive. So I added HM2archive as an auto import folder for HM1, but turned off the archiving option for this folder, as to not create a weird infinite loop.

Well HM1 crashed while searching through those files, and now it will not reopen. I get this message:

An error occurred while reading the config/HoldemManager.config file: Root element is missing. Holdem Manager will now backup the old config file and create a new one for you.

When I hit ok I get the "unhanded exception has occurred i your application... cannot create a file when that file already exists."

And the program won't open.

Furthermore, it appears my c drive (where both archives are) became completely full at some point during the night when HM1 was trying to search the HM2 archive folder. It had been getting real close to full for a while, and I now realize (slow pony) that this is related to the holdemmanager programs. So I think I need to do some kind of compressing process to fix this?

But I'm not sure what order to tackle these problems in without jeopardizing any of the individual parts.

Help please! Thanks.

Patvs
10-14-2013, 07:08 AM
-Delete the HoldemManager.config file

-Don't add HM2Archive as an auto import folder in HM1.
Instead run a 'import from folder' on it once a week.

Drive full: delete all the files in your C:/Program Files(x86)/PostgreSQL/8.4/data/pg_log folder (don't delete the actual folder, just all the files inside the folder)

JLlama
10-14-2013, 02:46 PM
Thanks that solved all my problems!

Patvs
10-14-2013, 03:48 PM
If you had a lot of files in the pg_log folder, also completely disable logging, so no new log files will ever be created: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/8423-want-stop-postgre-creating-those-large-log-files-heres-how.html