PDA

View Full Version : I have to restart postgresql after reboot

RandomRange
11-24-2008, 05:44 AM
Hi!

This is most probably not a bug in HEM, but since you guys give such an exellent support I thought I could ask first here. :)

Lately I've had this problem that every time I start HEM after restarting my PC it can't connect to the postgresql database. The database is running and if I restart it everything is ok. It's not a huge problem for me, just a bit annoying.

Thanks for any reply!

Al1
11-24-2008, 09:07 AM
Hi!

This is most probably not a bug in HEM, but since you guys give such an exellent support I thought I could ask first here. :)

Lately I've had this problem that every time I start HEM after restarting my PC it can't connect to the postgresql database. The database is running and if I restart it everything is ok. It's not a huge problem for me, just a bit annoying.

Thanks for any reply!

Hi,

Mmm, are you on Vista?

RandomRange
11-24-2008, 12:09 PM
Mmm, are you on Vista?
No, XP.

And this was not the case at the beginning. It started like two weeks ago and I can't recall doing anything special that could have caused this.

Al1
11-24-2008, 12:29 PM
No, XP.

And this was not the case at the beginning. It started like two weeks ago and I can't recall doing anything special that could have caused this.

It's perhaps a trouble with anti-viruses, firewall, ...

Can you try some boots when your anti-viruses, firewall,... are not active and see if the postgreSQL is started directly?