PDA

View Full Version : can't configure auto-import-folders

smartmike
02-16-2011, 07:55 AM
Hi,

I'm running 1.11.06a on laptop+pc. On laptop everything works fine (windows7).
Now i just backed up my database from laptop to pc, run the pc-DB now on an external HDD, everything works fine, just I tried to configure a new auto-import-folder to prefetch player-data, but its impossible to create anything:
I go on 'add folder' - 'select' - but I can't get anything in the 'folder-name'-field.... When i select a folder and click 'ok' it stays empty, neither can't type anything in, and it also doesn't show the greyedout 'HMarchive' folder underneath as it does usually.
On my laptop it works normal, how comes?

Another question: when I run the 'auto-detect' it always finds two import folders:
C:\Users\Name\AppData\HEM Data\hands + subfolders
C:\Users\Name\AppData\HEM Data + subfolders
Do i need to these two folders in the autoimport, and what are they good for - it works fine without them!?

fozzy71
02-16-2011, 12:27 PM
If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory. How to see hidden files in Windows (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html)

http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/images/hidden.jpg

Those import folders are to help with the HUD, so leave them.

smartmike
02-16-2011, 02:46 PM
If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory. How to see hidden files in Windows (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html)

http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/images/hidden.jpg

Those import folders are to help with the HUD, so leave them.

Its got nothing to do with that i guess (i did it, its everything set like it should be with the hidden files). The problem is when i want to cofigure a new autoimportfolder i click 'select', then i click on any folder to mark it, click 'ok', now the marked folder should appear in the 'folder name' field, but nothing appears in that field.... doesnt matter if i try 'add folder' or 'edit', same problem.

Patvs
02-17-2011, 04:33 AM
Which pokersite's folder are you trying to add?
Just use the default settings, since the hands will be moved to the archive folder anyways?

smartmike
02-17-2011, 08:22 AM
Which pokersite's folder are you trying to add?
Just use the default settings, since the hands will be moved to the archive folder anyways?

i want to add the
c:\programfiles\RVGsoftware\holdemmanager\importin g\HEMdata
folder to get the prefetch-funktionality of the HUD.

fozzy71
02-17-2011, 05:34 PM
That is not a hidden folder/file and you should have no issues finding it. Most likely that is not where your HM was installed to. That folder can only be found in the actual installation path/folder for your working HM version. Right-click the shortcut for holdem manager and check the Properties > Target Path. I would guess you are using 64 bit windows and it was installed to \program files (x86)\.. instead of \program files\...

smartmike
02-18-2011, 06:04 AM
That is not a hidden folder/file and you should have no issues finding it. Most likely that is not where your HM was installed to. That folder can only be found in the actual installation path/folder for your working HM version. Right-click the shortcut for holdem manager and check the Properties > Target Path. I would guess you are using 64 bit windows and it was installed to \program files (x86)\.. instead of \program files\...

Seems you defineteley misunderstand me.
I know where the folder is, there is nothing hidden, the problem happens with ANY FOLDER I select in this specific situation!!!
I go to 'configure auto-import folder'
- then 'add folder' / or 'edit'
- then a window pops up to search the folder i want
- then when i found the folder I click it once to select it
- then i press 'ok'
- then the popup-window (where the folder is shown) shuts down automatically as it should
- but it doesn't paste anything in the 'folder-name'-field so that i can't configure anything cause no folder-name shown there:
THAT'S THE PROBLEM: the 'folder-name'-field STAYS EMPTY!!!!... its impossible to get a folder-name/path in there.
And this only happens in this situation, everything else in HM and the whole PC works always fine.
Hope I explained it understandable now, dunno how else to describe the problem :confused:

netsrak
02-18-2011, 08:03 AM
No idea why it shouldn't work for you.
Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.

fozzy71
02-21-2011, 03:19 PM
This was caused by his (my?) custom skin. The text chose for one of the custom skin text options was grey/white, the same color as the boxes in the auto import config window. I had this happen to me with one of my custom skins and had to change the custom text from white or light grey to dark grey or black so I could get contrast in those little windows.

It also happens in some other obscure option boxes in the table scanner windows, as I was just looking at that custom skins thread earlier today. This was part of the problem with my Fozzy Black #1 skin as well because the font needs to be white/grey for contrast against all the black but it wont show well in some options dialogs.

smartmike
02-21-2011, 03:25 PM
This was caused by his (my?) custom skin. The text chose for one of the custom skin text options was grey/white, the same color as the boxes in the auto import config window. I had this happen to me with one of my custom skins and had to change the custom text from white or light grey to dark grey or black so I could get contrast in those little windows.

It also happens in some other obscure option boxes in the table scanner windows, as I was just looking at that custom skins thread earlier today. This was part of the problem with my Fozzy Black #1 skin as well because the font needs to be white/grey for contrast against all the black but it wont show well in some options dialogs.

As always: really fast and friendly support, great!!!
Thanks again! :D