PDA

View Full Version : Importing + HUD Issue - PStars and FT

Donut
11-22-2008, 08:46 PM
Hi,

I was playing Tournaments on FT, PStars, and UB yesterday. UB imported and and displayed perfectly. On both PStars and FT the HUD displayed but did not show imported HH info. Upon checking on the HH's to to make sure they were loading properly I can not find them. They are not in their respective program folders and they are not in the folders I set them up to go to after processing. They just disappeared.

Edit: Actually the FT histories are still in the program folder I must have checked PStars twice. The Pstars ones are not in there.

Second Edit: Oops I forgot FT HUD did not display and while Table Manager shows the FT tables I cannot attach them. HMHUD.exe. is set to run as admistrator. Question, do I drag the red X to the table itself or to the listing of unattached tables in table manager. I tried both.

Donut

Donut
11-22-2008, 08:51 PM
Also, I Vista cannot find C:\Program Files\RVG Software\holdem manger\importing\hem data when I "Run" it yet I can put that into HM as a destination to look for UB files. How can I find it to search to see if the PStars and FT files are actually in there?

Edit! I am using HM 1.06.04 rc 7

Donut

Donut
11-22-2008, 09:14 PM
One more thing, I have the background of the HUD set to transparent yet it stays black.

Donut
11-22-2008, 09:54 PM
I tried running HM as Administrator and now it doesn't import or display anything at all. The table manager doesn't come up. Import File, Import from folder, and Start Auto Import are all grayed out. The only selection I can hit is Stop Import. When I do that HM just hangs.

Al1
11-23-2008, 09:53 AM
Hi,

Be sure that folders in auto-import are also the ones where your poker client imports HHs. And be sure that the poker site import HHs.

Upgrade your graphic card driver to the last ones available.

Here some link to the FAQ:

Configuration for Vista:
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=171
http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73

Configuration for each sites:
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewtopic.aspx?topicid=43

Donut
11-24-2008, 08:56 PM
Hi,

Be sure that folders in auto-import are also the ones where your poker client imports HHs. And be sure that the poker site import HHs.

Upgrade your graphic card driver to the last ones available.

Here some link to the FAQ:

Configuration for Vista:
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=171
http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73

Configuration for each sites:
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewtopic.aspx?topicid=43

Ok, in going through the steps I got to this point - Then repeat again but this time browse to this location C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin and add the following 2 programs in there:
pg_ctl.exe
postgres.exe

When I went to that location I noticed I didn't have 8.3 I had 8.2 so I updated to 8.3. Could having 8.2 be the source of my problems? Now I have both postgresql-8.3 and PostgreSQL Database Server 8.2 installed and "started." Did I screw up? What next do I delete 8.2 or combine them or do nothing and let them both run? 8.3 wouldn't let me use port 5432 so I had to use 5433, what do I do about that? God I must sound so clueless, lol.

Al1
11-25-2008, 11:53 AM
Ok, in going through the steps I got to this point - Then repeat again but this time browse to this location C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin and add the following 2 programs in there:
pg_ctl.exe
postgres.exe

When I went to that location I noticed I didn't have 8.3 I had 8.2 so I updated to 8.3. Could having 8.2 be the source of my problems? Now I have both postgresql-8.3 and PostgreSQL Database Server 8.2 installed and "started." Did I screw up? What next do I delete 8.2 or combine them or do nothing and let them both run? 8.3 wouldn't let me use port 5432 so I had to use 5433, what do I do about that? God I must sound so clueless, lol.

8.2 or 8.3 works both fine with HM.

(DOING THE STEP BELOW WILL DELETE YOUR ALL YOUR IMPORTED HANDS, THUS MAKE A BACKUP IF YOU NEED)
In your case, I believe you have to uninstall every postgreSQL in your computer and delete the associated directorys in Program Files.
Then reinstall postgreSQL but use a different user than "postgres" on postgreSQL, use for example "holdemmanager" for every postgres you will see.

Donut
11-25-2008, 02:28 PM

(DOING THE STEP BELOW WILL DELETE YOUR ALL YOUR IMPORTED HANDS, THUS MAKE A BACKUP IF YOU NEED)
In your case, I believe you have to uninstall every postgreSQL in your computer and delete the associated directorys in Program Files.
Then reinstall postgreSQL but use a different user than "postgres" on postgreSQL, use for example "holdemmanager" for every postgres you will see.

Ok, what but what do you mean by "delete the associated directorys in Prgram Files" what are they? RVG Software files? Poker Room HH files? Leftover PostgreSQL files after uninstall? I'm clueless.

Also, when I reinstall postgreSQL underneath holdemmanager do I put holdemmanagerpass like when I entered postgres and postgrespass?

Al1
11-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Ok, what but what do you mean by "delete the associated directorys in Prgram Files" what are they? RVG Software files? Poker Room HH files? Leftover PostgreSQL files after uninstall? I'm clueless.

Also, when I reinstall postgreSQL underneath holdemmanager do I put holdemmanagerpass like when I entered postgres and postgrespass?

There is a PostgreSQL folder in Program Files. Yeha leftovers of PostgreSQL.

Just change users and use passwords you want.

Donut
11-25-2008, 06:43 PM

After uninstalling and deleting all associated files and then reinstalling postgresql-8.3.5-2-windows I do not get an option to put in holdemmanager it just asks me to provide a password for "the database and service account (postgres)." When I try that I entered in a different password than what I initially used to set it up. Why not, it's supposed to be uninstalled and deleted and I wanted to make sure. But when I try to do that the installer tells me I am entering the incorrect password. I deleted the entire postgreSQL folder after uninstalling both 8.2 and 8.3. Obviously something was left behind if it knows I'm entering an incorrect password.

Also, this http://www.holdemmanager.net/PostgreSQL_Install_Help.html is not what happens when I try to install. Steps 3, 4, and 5 do not exist. I have no idea about the other steps I haven't gotten that far. It just goes straight to the above bolded part. So obviously, it's remembering what I had it do before. I have no idea how it could be doing that.

Al1
11-26-2008, 04:21 AM
After uninstalling and deleting all associated files and then reinstalling postgresql-8.3.5-2-windows I do not get an option to put in holdemmanager it just asks me to provide a password for "the database and service account (postgres)." When I try that I entered in a different password than what I initially used to set it up. Why not, it's supposed to be uninstalled and deleted and I wanted to make sure. But when I try to do that the installer tells me I am entering the incorrect password. I deleted the entire postgreSQL folder after uninstalling both 8.2 and 8.3. Obviously something was left behind if it knows I'm entering an incorrect password.

Also, this http://www.holdemmanager.net/PostgreSQL_Install_Help.html is not what happens when I try to install. Steps 3, 4, and 5 do not exist. I have no idea about the other steps I haven't gotten that far. It just goes straight to the above bolded part. So obviously, it's remembering what I had it do before. I have no idea how it could be doing that.

Yes, something is remebered in windows about "postgres", that's why you have to set a new user.

Donut
11-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Yes, something is remebered in windows about "postgres", that's why you have to set a new user.

Gotcha, did everything and looks like it went fine. I'll test it out this weekend. Thanks for your help!