PDA

View Full Version : HUD, hand importing issues in several poker platforms

SamGreek
09-29-2013, 05:26 PM
I have to report the following problems/bugs:
Concerning HEM1:
1) When importing hands from iPoker $11, $22 and $33 18-player 6-max Sit-n-Gos (Turbo Barry, Turbo Beacon and Turbo Blue Sky specifically) the tournament size is rarely correctly imported (18 players). Finish position is almost always correct though (with very very few exceptions).
2) Lately I have been experiencing problems with WPT poker MTTs (partypoker platform). After a table change, or simply blind level change at the same table (both of these have happened, esp. the 2nd), HUD either doesn't appear (1st case), or doesn't get updated (2nd case), because hands stop being imported (both cases). The hand history txt file gets copied to the HMArchive folder of my PC, I try reimporting the hands from there, but they are never imported. If I ask from WPTpoker software for an e-mail of the last 100 hands played (there is such a request from the lobby menu) the hands are then imported, but as orphans (not under the tab of the specific tournament). That's logical, since the format of the text e-mailed doesn't include all the specific tournament characteristics (title, buy-in etc). That's OK with me, since I mainly want to store all the hands I and my opponents play. Last time HEM1 lost hands that were played earlier than the last 100 hands, so I had to compose an e-mail to ask for them. The WPT poker support sent me all the hands of the 2 tournaments that I asked them to, I saved them in 2 different txt files (as I received them in .docx format) and imported from these new files. The import menu showed some hands imports, but some duplicates also. The strange thing is that I cannot find the hands that were missing anywhere in the database! Also, the total number of hands for the specific hero name I use in WPT poker (all time) did not increase, despite the fact that the missing hands seemed to have been imported! I remind you of the fact that the original txt hand history files stored in HMArchive folder include all of the hands, even those missing from database!
3) $26 buy-in tournament at Fulltiltpoker named Triceratops has a bug showing the HUD. Hands are imported normally, but I haven't seen a HUD only in this Fulltilt tournament for many months now. This tournament starts around 22:00 EET. HUD works perfectly for all other scheduled MTTs I have tried playing at Fulltiltpoker.
4) The problem mentioned above at #1 stands for HEM2 also (after the 30-day trial that you gave me license to use). It also stands for 888poker (pacific) for 20-player sit-n-gos (4-max), when hand histories are imported from the HMArchive files, or from HEM1 database, while everything is OK (field sizes correct at 20) when importing while playing live and using HEM2 (HUD etc).

HEM2 version used is 2.0.0.7889, while HEM1 version is 1.13.02. My PC properties are:
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
Processor AMD 3.12GHz
4GB RAM

fozzy71
09-30-2013, 08:18 AM
I have to report the following problems/bugs:
Concerning HEM1:
1) When importing hands from iPoker $11, $22 and $33 18-player 6-max Sit-n-Gos (Turbo Barry, Turbo Beacon and Turbo Blue Sky specifically) the tournament size is rarely correctly imported (18 players). Finish position is almost always correct though (with very very few exceptions).

4) The problem mentioned above at #1 stands for HEM2 also (after the 30-day trial that you gave me license to use). It also stands for 888poker (pacific) for 20-player sit-n-gos (4-max), when hand histories are imported from the HMArchive files, or from HEM1 database, while everything is OK (field sizes correct at 20) when importing while playing live and using HEM2 (HUD etc).

This is because iPoker does not write summaries for MTTs. You will have to edit the results manually.

Any tournament with more than 1 table (and many single table games) will require a separate Tournament Summary/History file to be imported for HM2 to properly calculate the size, places, and prizes. The only sites that write these summary files is Pokerstars, Full Tilt, and Pacific. If your site does not write summaries, or you experience any discrepancies with the results, you will need to manually edit the results via the Reports > Tournament > Tournaments > right-click > edit - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/2082/Reports+%7B47%7D+Tournaments%7B47%7D+Tournament%7B 47%7D+Tournament+Editor

In HM1 you can edit them in the Dataview tab - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/181/Data+View+%28Tourney+Results+Sub-Tab%29

2) Lately I have been experiencing problems with WPT poker MTTs (partypoker platform). After a table change, or simply blind level change at the same table (both of these have happened, esp. the 2nd), HUD either doesn't appear (1st case), or doesn't get updated (2nd case), because hands stop being imported (both cases). The hand history txt file gets copied to the HMArchive folder of my PC, I try reimporting the hands from there, but they are never imported.

This is a known issue that will be fixed in our next beta release of HM2. We had it released briefly yesterday but had to pull it back because if the party poker update they released yesterday.

For HM1 you can try this new build but it may have the same problems that HM2 had because of the party update that came out after the build was created - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.13.02_29Sep2013.exe

If I ask from WPTpoker software for an e-mail of the last 100 hands played (there is such a request from the lobby menu) the hands are then imported, but as orphans (not under the tab of the specific tournament). That's logical, since the format of the text e-mailed doesn't include all the specific tournament characteristics (title, buy-in etc). That's OK with me, since I mainly want to store all the hands I and my opponents play. Last time HEM1 lost hands that were played earlier than the last 100 hands, so I had to compose an e-mail to ask for them. The WPT poker support sent me all the hands of the 2 tournaments that I asked them to, I saved them in 2 different txt files (as I received them in .docx format) and imported from these new files. The import menu showed some hands imports, but some duplicates also. The strange thing is that I cannot find the hands that were missing anywhere in the database! Also, the total number of hands for the specific hero name I use in WPT poker (all time) did not increase, despite the fact that the missing hands seemed to have been imported! I remind you of the fact that the original txt hand history files stored in HMArchive folder include all of the hands, even those missing from database!

This is a known issue caused by the way they choose to email their hands. They are not in the exact same format as the original hands and are often missing information - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/701/Party+Poker

**Note on Party Poker Emailed Hands from Party support** -- emailed hands from Party Poker support export without spaces in the player names and remove the rest of the name in the original seating, but display the whole name in the action. Thus HM2 is unable to import them properly. You will need to manually edit the player names in order for them to import properly.

3) $26 buy-in tournament at Fulltiltpoker named Triceratops has a bug showing the HUD. Hands are imported normally, but I haven't seen a HUD only in this Fulltilt tournament for many months now. This tournament starts around 22:00 EET. HUD works perfectly for all other scheduled MTTs I have tried playing at Fulltiltpoker.

This is a known issue in HM1 that we hope to be able to resolve in our next HM1 release but there is no ETA for when it will be resolved or when the next release of HM1 will be as we are winding down HM1 development. This issue should have been resolved some time ago in HM2.