PDA

View Full Version : HM Cloud won't connect while using mobile hotpost

Switchie83
09-28-2013, 10:05 AM
Hello, first off I'd just like to say how awesome Cloud is already....

Now on to my problem, I work on a ferry and therefore have no hard line to use. We have wifi on the ship, but its a satelite connection and is reaaaaaallly slow... too slow to play poker on (HM cloud works like a charm tho lol). So I have to use my mobile phones tethering hotspot, on this connection (which works just like hooking up to any other wifi connection) HM cloud won't connect.

I am aware this is an alpha and stuff like this is to be expected but I was wondering if anyone else has used a mobile phone hotspot with success? I can't run HM2 on my laptop, its just too intense for the poor old thing lol. So if anyone has any ideas why its not working, or how to get it working then I would highly appreciate hearing from you!

Perhaps someone could try out using HM cloud with their mobile hotspot and see if they have same issue?

Thanks!

fozzy71
09-28-2013, 10:21 AM
I have not heard of any other reports like this so you may be the first to try this. I will forward an email to our testers and see if anyone on our team can try testing this.

Switchie83
09-28-2013, 07:13 PM
thanks alot fozzy! Are you a chris jericho fan by any chance? lol

I'd imagine i am the one of the first people to try using a mobile phone hotspot. Hopefully its easily solved, but if not I will just have to wait until I get home in 5 weeks to really get testing HM Cloud.

fozzy71
09-29-2013, 09:40 AM
thanks alot fozzy! Are you a chris jericho fan by any chance? lol

I'd imagine i am the one of the first people to try using a mobile phone hotspot. Hopefully its easily solved, but if not I will just have to wait until I get home in 5 weeks to really get testing HM Cloud.

The name doesn't have anything to do with the band or the muppets actually. I asked one of our guys to try testing from a mobile hotspot this week when he has time and we will let you know our results. If it doesn't work at all then it is definitely something we want the cloud developers to look in to.

udbrky
10-17-2013, 10:08 AM
His name doesn't even have to do with the band!

I have duplicated and written up this issue.

I do not have an ETA on the timeline for this being fixed.

I have added your email to the list to be notified when it is resolved.

The internal # for future reference is HC-199