PDA

View Full Version : HUD crashes all the time (Party Poker SNGs)

BerndBrot
02-14-2011, 08:23 PM
The Table Finde and the HUD processes crash all the time. That wouldn't be a big deal, but whenever it happens, I also time out in the Party Poker client. This has cost me a bit of money already. (I wouldn't have openfolded KK in the last stage of a tournament ...)

I'm using the Trial Version of HM. The problem occurs with version 1.11.05 and 1.11.06a.

Needless to say that I will not buy the software if this problem is not resolved quickly.

Patvs
02-15-2011, 05:56 AM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if it is off.

BerndBrot
02-15-2011, 08:18 AM
I use Windows 7, avast antivirus, and the windows firewall.

I installed the lastest beta, ran all the programs as admin, and included the programs as exceptions for the windows firewall (even though that should not be necessary at all).

I'm still experiencing the same problem: After three minutes of gameplay, the HUD crashes and I have to close the process manually, if I want to avoid restarting the poker client altogether. The task manager says that the table windows of the poker client are not responding. They are "unlocked" when I end the HMHud process.

Patvs
02-16-2011, 12:42 AM
Add the main party.exe files to be started as admin
(or turn off Windows User Account Control completely)

Run a Windows Update, and install all .net framework updates.

Read:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html

BerndBrot
02-16-2011, 02:41 PM
Party was started as admin.

I reinstalled .NET and upgraded postgreSQL to 8.4 (from 8.3) I don't know which of these did the trick, but the HUD seems to be stable now. If it stays that way, I'll buy HEM. :-)

Btw: You might want to add two warnings in the performance tips thread: First, Windows 7 and Windows Vista users should NOT install postgreSQL in a "Program Files" directory, but in something like C:\postgreSQL. Otherwise, the installation can't finish and the service will not start. Second, if you upgrade from 8.3 or an even earlier version, do NOT try to migrate your old data. Delete the old data directory and import the hand histories anew.

BerndBrot
02-17-2011, 09:12 PM
Unfortunately, my optimism was premature. The HUD still crashes regularly.

Is there anything else I can check?

Patvs
02-18-2011, 12:28 AM
SQL 8.3/8.4/9.0 can be installed to the main program files folder.
If that's causing problems for you, something on your computer is still blocking your super user administrator privileges.

Did you fully turn off User Account Control and reboot?
Add all the .exe files mentioned before to the firewall exceptions list.
Added the folders of those .exe files to the Windows Defender exceptions list?

Ran a Windows Update and installed ALL updates. Including firmware and hardware-driver updates?

BerndBrot
02-18-2011, 02:47 PM
All mentioned files are in the exception lists of both the firewall and the defender. I also installed every Windows update available.

I logged in as the Windows 7 administrator and deactivated the UAC. I don't think that any Windows software should require such a step, but be that as it may.

Even then, however, the HUD keeps crashing and freezing my tables.

Patvs
02-19-2011, 04:08 AM
Reinstall HoldemManager using the 93 mb full installer @ http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Holdem_Manager_Setup.exe

BerndBrot
02-19-2011, 10:52 PM
Still the same problem.

BerndBrot
02-20-2011, 06:23 PM
In case it helps: When I'm playing with the HUD and open the replayer, the replayer, too, tends to crash and freeze all poker tables.

netsrak
02-21-2011, 05:20 AM
Are you using any additional poker software like FreePhg?

Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files(X86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder (or something similar depending on your installation). It may be just called holdemmanager if you've extentions turned off.

BerndBrot
02-21-2011, 12:50 PM
I use FreePHG. I thought that was even necessary, as the dialog for the Party Poker configuration referred to the install directory of FreePHG.

netsrak
02-22-2011, 06:17 AM
Please try without FreePHG.

pablotenisis
03-09-2011, 07:20 PM
Hi.

IŽm having the same problem with W7. I already followed all steps sayed here, disable firewall and antivirus, reinstall HM, reinstall partypoker software, and only when I shut down FreePHG it started to work.

Is it a HM bug? FreePHG bug? I need to use both at the same time and, untill 3 days ago all worked ok.

Patvs
03-09-2011, 08:13 PM
Down use Freephg combined with HoldemManager.

Mine your hands with freephg... stop freephg--> import the hands.

pablotenisis
03-10-2011, 10:18 AM
Down use Freephg combined with HoldemManager.

Mine your hands with freephg... stop freephg--> import the hands.

IŽm sorry but I didnŽt understand. Do you mean that I shouldnŽt autoimport freephg hands while it is running? Can I still have FreePHG running so PartyTools works properly? IŽll try so and post results :)

Patvs
03-11-2011, 01:25 AM
Sorry.... typo.. yes, meant "don't use freephg, when you're also playing at Party and have the HoldemManager auto import running".

You can still have freephg running, and import the hands after you stop freephg.

saturn5ive
03-11-2011, 04:07 PM
Sorry.... typo.. yes, meant "don't use freephg, when you're also playing at Party and have the HoldemManager auto import running".

You can still have freephg running, and import the hands after you stop freephg.

I have same problem.
please help me but read what I wrote before you answer, please:

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-bugs/54451-hud-crashes.html

netsrak
03-12-2011, 06:20 AM
Same problem = you are playing on Party and use FreePHG?

Please try without FreePHG