PDA

View Full Version : Where is defined which player is a "hero"

mindtrap
11-21-2008, 05:11 AM
Hi,

you have those *_hero tables to improve reports for heroes, as well as some data for "heroes" is optimized.

Where is defined who is a hero?
It seems to work very well for the *_hero tables, but every now and then HM is optimizing some players i dont even know when i start HM.

I didnt find an option to define heroes... is it just the alias-definition?

It might also have effect on the option not to import "observed" Handhistories, where HM might check if a hero was in the hand.

Regs,
Guido

edit:
I think i just found it!!
Why does one always need to create a thread before finding the solution? :D

But why the "Setup Hero Names" placed in the HUD-options? As stated above hero-names are not only needed for the Hud....

Al1
11-21-2008, 05:41 AM
Hi,

you have those *_hero tables to improve reports for heroes, as well as some data for "heroes" is optimized.

Where is defined who is a hero?
It seems to work very well for the *_hero tables, but every now and then HM is optimizing some players i dont even know when i start HM.

I didnt find an option to define heroes... is it just the alias-definition?

It might also have effect on the option not to import "observed" Handhistories, where HM might check if a hero was in the hand.

Regs,
Guido

edit:
I think i just found it!!
Why does one always need to create a thread before finding the solution? :D

But why the "Setup Hero Names" placed in the HUD-options? As stated above hero-names are not only needed for the Hud....

I believe this is to accererate the positioning of the stats around the table.

mindtrap
11-21-2008, 06:17 AM
sure, the HUD also needs to know who is the "hero"..

but is this definition of the "hero" used for the HUD also used in the rest of HM? e.g. for creation of *_hero tables and optimizing reports ?

Al1
11-21-2008, 06:29 AM
sure, the HUD also needs to know who is the "hero"..

but is this definition of the "hero" used for the HUD also used in the rest of HM? e.g. for creation of *_hero tables and optimizing reports ?

Escalated to Morny, he will answere asap.

morny
11-21-2008, 09:00 AM
No, setup hero names is just to speed up recognising the hero in the Hud as Al mentioned. For the Hero optimised tables anyone you run a report on in the reports/hands/session/graph tabs etc will be added to the hero tables next time HM is restarted

mindtrap
11-21-2008, 10:06 AM
but i am quite sure that for example in pokerhands_hero i have exactly the number of lines that corresponds to the hands i have played.
Even though i do sometimes run a report for some other player.

Actually i would not really want to copy all lines of some tables into *_hero tables just because i would have one quick glance at his stats in a report.

Regs,
Guido