PDA

View Full Version : Can't Open HEM

bent_zen
09-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Hi
I can't open HEM. When I try to open it I get this message:

The application failed to initialize properly (**********). Click on OK to terminate the application.

I tried turning off my security firewall, and then opening, with no luck. I then redownloaded my previous patch (_17July2013), again no luck. I then looked in the forum, and found a newer patch _05Aug2013, and downloaded it. No luck. I've also tried rebooting, with no luck.

My apologies in advance if this is some simple computer problem that I should be able to solve. I'm by no means a computer expert.

Thank You

Edit: Version 1.13.01 Internal (I think the number is right, but can't be sure because I can't open Hem)

netsrak
09-09-2013, 04:15 AM
And it was working before?
What happened to your computer before HM broke? Did you install any other programs or windows updates? Did you experience a crash?

bent_zen
09-09-2013, 04:00 PM
I was halfway through writing this response, when I thought I'd try opening HEM, and it opened fine. I just played a few sample hands and it seems OK, but your reply has me thinking that maybe this was a symptom of something else. Here is the reply I was writing:

Now that you mention it, HEM did crash, I think probably the last time I used it. I was playing a tournament on Stars at the time. I didn't do anything about it because I got knocked out of the tourney and quit playing at about the same time and didn't think anything of it.

Maybe this has something to do with previous problems I've had on Party, where my HUD freezes up - 'hands' stops counting, but import continues. I've had to close HEM and restart to get HUD working again - 'Relaunch HUD' wouldn't work. I hadn't asked about this, because I thought it just had something to do with Party's archaic software, and don't really like the site anyway. HUD seems to freeze at the same time as tables on Party have a momentary 'freeze'. Is this common for other users on Party? I had just written it off as a PP glitch, but now I'm not so sure.

Patvs
09-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Update: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.13.02_05Aug2013.exe

More importantly, run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates and Visual C++ updates.