PDA

View Full Version : Problem importing files and problem with hud

konvert
07-23-2008, 01:51 PM
I have only heard amazing things about this program so I dl'ed the trial since I am planning on buying either HEM or PT in the next few days. I like the software but my problems are that I can not get HEM to import all files, It has imported some but is not importing anymore or will grab a few hundred hands at most. It did transfer some of the files when I first tried it but now its not transferring or importing anymorein

My second problem is that the HUD doesnt work at all. I did get a flash where I saw it for a second but that was the only time so far.

Maybe I haven't configured it properly but I went through all the setup tutorials correctly.

Should I reinstall it or is there something Im missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Konvert

morny
07-23-2008, 03:22 PM
Where are you importing the hands from and what format are they in eg .txt .xml etc what site are you playing on?

For the HUD Problem:

1) Have you got the latest version, older versions may have bugs that have since been updated and fixed. You can get it here: http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hm1.6.exe

2) Before your HUD will work you need to verify that your HH are being saved by the poker client, If you go to Options> Configure Auto Import Folders: Write down the path where HM is set to import from. So now we know where where Holdem Manager is set to import from that folder. The next step is to confirm that the HH are appearing in that folder. Scroll to the path which will be something like C:\Poker\Carlospoker\History\MyScreenName for example if your playing on ipoker and keep that window open. If there is any files here delete them or move them. Then start playing some poker for a few minutes at a cash table, after youve played a couple of hands you should see 1 or more files appear in that folder. If it does then the Poker Client is saving the HH correctly and if not you need to contact your poker company and find out the settings so it saves the HH to the hard drive.

3) Once we know the HH are saving we need to verify that Holdem Manager is importing them successfully. This will narrow the problem to an importing one or a HUD problme which allows us to fix the problem quickly. Instructions on how to do this are here: http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=129

6) Last Torubleshooting step, if the hands are importing successfully but the HUD isnt displaying them, sometimes we need to use the table finder. Instructions here:
http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=54

So let me know how the above goes and if it doesent sort the problem

konvert
07-23-2008, 07:21 PM
Here's what I got...

-Some hands have been recorded some have not. I have watched it import some files, but after the one shot it hasn't worked since.
-I play on Ultimate Bet.
-The default Hand History folder for UB is c:\My Documents\Hand Histories or something to that effect, I'm at the office trying to troubleshoot this so I can fix it when I get home and play poker, not spend time troubleshooting.
-I just Dl'ed the software a couple days ago, I believe the last build was 7/8 so mine should be up to date.
-I have reset all the importing folder settings just in case...I have a background in home network and PC maintenance so I can get around a computer well and know from experience that the most common error is missing a letter or symbol in location settings, well that or the thing isn't plugged in LOL
-I will go through your other info for troubleshooting when I get home. Please let me know if there are any other common issues people have with UB, if thats the source of our problem./

Again thanks so much for getting back quickly!
-Konvert

morny
07-24-2008, 10:21 AM
First make sure you have 1.06.01i, there were several updates over the last few days: http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hmupdatex.exe

Ok Ultimate Bet is a little different. Please follow this FAQ and let me know how it goes:

http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=70

You say "Some hands have been recorded some have not. I have watched it import some files, but after the one shot it hasn't worked since"

Can you elaborate more, did it give import errors. Did you follow step 3 to see if they imported or not?

konvert
07-24-2008, 11:21 AM
Oh I got the HUD working and its importing data, but on the table the HUD is off one seat. When I go to table preference I can't change the seat from seat 5 not seat 6 where Im sitting at, so my personal HUD is one seat to the right. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks so far! Im right there to being able to use it correctly!

morny
07-24-2008, 12:05 PM
Just move the panels by right clicking and dragging to the correct positions and it should be fine from then or are you referring to something else?

konvert
07-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Right click on the asterisk or just in the general area of the panel?

Ill try this when I get home, looks good tho!

morny
07-24-2008, 08:26 PM
Right click and drag (with right click held) anywhere there isnt a popup basically and it will move the panels accordingly. When the stats are in the correct position go to Table Manager and choose File> Save Positions so it will remember the next time you run HM aswell