PDA

View Full Version : Can you use HEM on bodog?

Drew1
02-14-2011, 03:28 AM
I use HEM on pokerstars and full tilt. I hear it works on bodog. Is this true or false? I heard if you want to use it on bodog, you need to buy another program as well called handgrabber?? I would like to use HEM with the HUD on bodog just like i do with stars and full tilt.

Can someone tell me? Thank you.

netsrak
02-14-2011, 04:41 AM
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/16/Bodog+Poker+Setup

Drew1
04-15-2011, 06:43 PM
I'm confused. We have to pay 49.95 for idleminer in order to use HEM on Bodog?

netsrak
04-16-2011, 07:53 AM
Yep

Drew1
04-16-2011, 02:09 PM
Is there a free trial of idleminer? And if so, is it free to use for x amount of days??

Sarek
04-17-2011, 04:45 AM
This is a third-party software. All info is on their official site Idleminer | Poker Hand History Data Miner for Party, Absolute, Full Tilt, OnGame, Bodog, iPoker and Pacific! (http://www.idleminer.com/)

Biju
04-18-2011, 12:29 PM
1000 hand free trial. Only option for HEM to work on Bodog.

rowhousepd
04-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Sorry if I'm just out of the loop on this, but I was under the impression that Bodog DOES in fact allow Huds nowadays for their players. Is the issue just w/ HEM not being able to use a hud? (I believe PT can, but maybe I'm wrong on this.)

Biju
04-21-2011, 08:30 PM
Bodog don't d/l hand histories to your drive so you need the 3rd Party hand grabber to get them off their site. HEM recently looked at incorporating this as part of their s/ware but stopped - alledgedly at Bodog's request as they dont want HUD's but oddly haven't outlawed them in their terms (probably due to being too inept programming wise to stop it as PTR have run rings round them when they tried to stop them d/l them as you will see Bodogs h/h are really messed up when viewed on the site). PT may or may not have an integrated grabber not familiar with it.

In short Idleminer hand grabber or no HUD/stats.

rowhousepd
04-22-2011, 04:05 AM
So you're saying Bodog doesn't even allow you to see you own HH's? You'd have to buy a grabber to see how everyone (& you) played the hand? Wow. They really don't want us getting hands ... and yet this also conversely promotes mining at their site. Weird.

Btw, IdleMiner was acquired by PokerTableRatings (http://www.idleminer.com/node/156) last year, which definitely makes me a little uncomfortable about buying/using it since it like a lot of websites were trying to block PTR.

Biju
04-22-2011, 10:29 AM
You can see the h/h on Bodog but they don't use player names they use generic terms utg+1 etc (in an attempt to fool ptr that worked for about 10 mins) so it's hard to work out what happened if it's a hand or two later etc.

Yea ptr aquired their domain name but not the company I seem to recall but having the Bodog grabber doesn't affect any other site as it's only applicable to Bodog so it has no bearing elsewhere. It's all down to if you think it's worth $50 on top of HEM for the stakes you play.

Sarek
04-22-2011, 11:09 AM
HM works in Bodog only with IdleMiner.

Manhat10ite
04-22-2011, 02:05 PM
While on the subject of Bodog, how can I get tournament histories, I am only showing losses.

Also it isn't working for any multi table tournament from 2 table SNGs to MTTs. I have emailed idleminer

Drew1
04-22-2011, 02:09 PM
Hi. I am doing those steps. When i did the autodetect on HEM, it shows nothing. Then i see i have to manually add it.

How do i do this? I checked the directions and it keeps making me go back to where i am. I have played some hands and see that idleminer saved 7 hands already.

I got to where it says

If you don't see your Hand History Path listed, click the Add Folder button.

Well what folder am i suppose to add?

4. The above screen shows the Full-Tilt Poker client. If you are not setting this up for for Full Tilt, add the Hand History Path for your Poker Client.

Then i click on what i thought would help me, but all that does is get me back to step 1....

Biju
04-22-2011, 02:18 PM
While on the subject of Bodog, how can I get tournament histories, I am only showing losses.

Also it isn't working for any multi table tournament from 2 table SNGs to MTTs. I have emailed idleminer

No Tournament support from Idleminer. Believe it does SNG's but don't play them.

Biju
04-22-2011, 02:19 PM
Hi. I am doing those steps. When i did the autodetect on HEM, it shows nothing. Then i see i have to manually add it.

How do i do this? I checked the directions and it keeps making me go back to where i am. I have played some hands and see that idleminer saved 7 hands already.

I got to where it says

If you don't see your Hand History Path listed, click the Add Folder button.

Well what folder am i suppose to add?

4. The above screen shows the Full-Tilt Poker client. If you are not setting this up for for Full Tilt, add the Hand History Path for your Poker Client.

Then i click on what i thought would help me, but all that does is get me back to step 1....

Cut and paste the path in the Output Directory of Bodog Handgrabber box into the Configure Import/Add Folder/Folder Name box of HEM.

Drew1
04-22-2011, 03:22 PM
I don't understand how to do that Biju. I'm very bad at computers and have no clue how to do what you just said. The idleminer looks very confusing...

Biju
04-22-2011, 04:12 PM
Open Idleminer. A small box appears. There is a file path called Output Directory. By default it is C:\programfiles\bodoghandgrabber. This file name (whatever it is) needs to be added to HEM Import folders. I thought you could cut and paste it but you can't.

Open HEM. Import Page. Next to three Import boxes Click the blue text that say "click here to add import folders". Configure Auto Imort window opens. Click Add Folder. In Folder Name hit Select and browse/navigate find bodoghandgrabber file in first paragraph and select Bodog Hand Grabber and then OK. I tick subfolders below Folder name, but don't think there are any and Archive Folder to default HMArcive which is where it then stores the Hand history. Hit save and the file path for Hand grabber should show in Current Import folders. HEM will then see the hands and when you click Start Auto Import it will import them and you will get yoor HUD and statsa etc..

Manhat10ite
04-22-2011, 11:55 PM
You would think if they weren't going to support mtts, they would mention this on their site in an obvious way.

Biju
04-23-2011, 12:20 PM
Not many companies advertise things their product can't do.................I think it's a Bodog issue in the way they name tables in Tournies that they cant be identified from each other.

Drew1
04-23-2011, 02:40 PM
okay i did all those steps. However, when i run my HEM, it does show the HUD box that shows what tables im sitting on. However, when i click on the bodog hand grabber, it does not show any hands saved. Can someone tell me why its not saving hands?

Also, there is obviously no HUD that pops up because of this.

Drew1
04-23-2011, 02:43 PM
But when i checked my cash game history, i do see hands that i played but this was yesterday when i didn't do those instructions of adding the folder etc. Yesterday, i recalled i saved my bodog hands when i was playing and clicked on Bodog Hand Grabber.

But after i followed the steps Biji posted, none of my hands are saved.

Anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

DenverDave
04-23-2011, 02:48 PM
Ok this may be a bit on the bitchy side, but HEM does not really support Bodog does it? If you take the word support, and apply it to all the sites, like PS/FTP which import HH's with no problem. If Bodog wants to be a pain and try and be sneaky with their HH's thats fine. But if you compare what is needed to use HEM with Bodog, Idleminer, with other sites that don't need it, then you truly don't support Bodog.

Or you should say you have native support for some sites, other sites will need additional software. Wait that would not be supported by your marketing team as it might drive away potential customers.

Well HEM is boned for US players and that market for any new revenues due to the DOJ BS.

I believe that your use of "supported" needs amending. Just my 2 cents.

Drew1
04-23-2011, 02:49 PM
On the Auto Folders

I have

Program Files/X86/Bodog Hand Grabber + subfolders

On the Bodog Hand Grabber Program, the small box it has

Program Files/X86/Bodog Hand Grabber

Is the autofolder wrong?? Should it be Program Files/X86/Bodog file and not the one above? But when i click on bodog only, it adds 2 files, this one and the bodog hand grabber to it...

I'm confused

Drew1
04-23-2011, 02:53 PM
Okay i did it the way i just described above and it still doesn't work...

Biju
04-23-2011, 03:11 PM
Before you were seeing saved hands at the botom of Idleminer box - are you now? If not it won't work and it's an Idleminer problem. Make sure you aren't in trial mode still and 1000 hands have expired. Click Help about and it should say registered. If hands are appearing in h/g saved hands HEM isn't seeing them it's a set up issue in HEM. My file doesn't have X86 in the path but it shouldn't matter if they are exactly the same. You can have multiple file paths in the Imort box for different folders sites etc so if it's an HEM set up problem do a search in faq's. While the faq navigation isn't the best the info in it is very good once you find what you are looking for with lots of screen shots.

Drew1
04-23-2011, 06:07 PM
I did saw 8 saved hands before i added the bodog hand grabber file in the auto folder directory. I am in trial mode still. I can't? I know i have 1000 hands free to use.

After i did what you said, none of the hands are being saved to the bodog hand grabber. Before that, it saved 8 hands.

Biju
04-23-2011, 07:46 PM
It's something simple as it seems you have had it working - if you saw Bodog hands in your HEM they have to have been imported via Idleminer, so you have had it working. If you leave Bodog tables open and Idleminer it will store those 1000 hands quite quick (~3 hours with 4 tables open) so make sure you haven't run out of the trial. HEM moves files from that handgrabber file to HMArchive afer a period of a few hours or so, so you could look in HMarchive and see if there are lots of files in there. Also make sure you haven't changed the file path in handgrabber by mistake (check make sure no spaces, full stops extra letters misspells etc.

Otherwise you will need to get in touch with idleminer Customer Service or get somone elses advice on here to help as it's beyond me but it's odd it did add files to the handgrabber and you have seen some in HEM and now it does neither.

Drew1
04-23-2011, 11:04 PM
Hey. No, i did not use the 1000 hand trial.

Can someone else tell me what folder is suppose to show on the HEM? Is it bodog poker or bodog hand grabber?

Sarek
04-24-2011, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Idleminer must be used with Bodog since Bodog does not write hand history files by default. Download Ildeminer here and setup a folder to save hand histories.
Full text here http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/16/Bodog+Poker+Setup

Drew1
04-24-2011, 01:30 PM
sarek. I have downloaded idleminer already. I have set it up. I have looked at that bodog instruction page like 8 times already.

But can you tell me since i autodetect and no bodog folder showed up, what is the folder i'm suppose to MANUALLY add?

Right now at the moment, i have

Bodog Hand Grabber + subfolders
Bodog Poker + subfolders

However, it does not work at all. But before i added these folders in, my bodog hand grabber did record 8 hands...

Patvs
04-24-2011, 04:48 PM
Bodog Handgrabber 1.17
Can you check if the hands are actually saved in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Bodog Hand Grabber by Idleminer. (and if that folder actually exists)
Are they saved as .txt files?

Can you manually add that folder as an auto import folder.

Patvs
04-24-2011, 04:57 PM
Ok this may be a bit on the bitchy side, but HEM does not really support Bodog does it?

I believe that your use of "supported" needs amending. Just my 2 cents.

"Supported" sites does need amending.
The biggest issues are with:
-Cake (Cake censors their handhistories)--> NO HUD
-PKR (PKR only allows a HUD on one table)--> picking on WHICH table you want the HUD is not really an option
-Bodog (Bodog HATES profitable players, and grinders... they prefer FISH playing other FISH, and they are tracking software unfriendly).

HoldemManager at some point actually had a internal hand grabber for Bodog (so Idleminer was NOT needed), but Bodog tried to change the formatting of their handhistories on a weekly basis, forcing us to stop updating the hand grabber.

If many PS/FT players will move to Bodog, it's likely they'll eventually come to their senses, and change their policy.

Biju
04-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Bodog HATES profitable players, and grinders... they prefer FISH playing other FISH, and they are tracking software unfriendly

Spot on.

If many PS/FT players will move to Bodog, it's likely they'll eventually come to their senses, and change their policy.

lol. Missed by a mile because of above

Drew1
04-24-2011, 08:00 PM
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bodog Hand Grabber is the file showing on the Bodog Hand Grabber in the output directory... and yes it has ON for the saving hands.

But what is the folder i'm suppose to have up on HEM? I have those 2 i stated above in my previous post.

Biju
04-24-2011, 08:28 PM
drew1 you're frustrated and not listening/reading properly and expecting some magic fix. It doesn't matter where the files are stored as long as the name is exactly the same in both programs. They're just directions on where the computer needs to look for the files - they can be stored anywhere so long as both programs know where to find them. The one you are using is the default. Run Bodog with an open table and handgrabber for a few minutes and then check the file C:\Program Files (x86)\Bodog Hand Grabber for new files that have arrived in that time frame and are saved by the table name you have open in bodog. If no new files appear in here, or in the files saved box of handgrabber the problem isn't with HEM it is idleminer. Contact them or try deleting it and d/l it again.

Drew1
04-24-2011, 09:05 PM
How am i suppose to know if the new files are arriving in the time frame? By looking at if it shows x amount of saved hands when running HEM and Idleminer?

Can someone tell me what is the file i'm suppose to put in the ADD FOLDER on HEM? Because when i did not add any bodog folder, it recorded 8 hands of mine.

Biju
04-25-2011, 02:13 AM
How am i suppose to know if the new files are arriving in the time frame? By looking at if it shows x amount of saved hands when running HEM and Idleminer?

Because if you navigate in Windows Explorer to the file it gives you the table names and time the file was added. If it's not there handgrabber isn't working.

fozzy71
04-25-2011, 02:48 PM
Can someone tell me what is the file i'm suppose to put in the ADD FOLDER on HEM? Because when i did not add any bodog folder, it recorded 8 hands of mine.

Then you already added it.

Right now at the moment, i have

Bodog Hand Grabber + subfolders
Bodog Poker + subfolders

The bold one is correct, and the 2nd one is unnecessary.

*If that doesn't help, please answer these questions - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/48/MyHUDDoesn'tWork

Please attach your holdemmanager.config and prefs.xml file from C:\Program Files(x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config. If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called holdemmanager and prefs. Windows hides 'known file extensions' by default. Configuring Windows To Show Extensions :: Scott Granneman (http://www.granneman.com/techinfo/windows/showextensions/)

Please reproduce the problem and post a screen shot of your desktop - Capture a Screen Shot of your Desktop or the Active Window in Windows (http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm)

with the following:

1) The table manager
2) The tables (including one with no stats)
3) The ...handhistory\screenname folder.
4) The "\rvg software\holdem manager\importing\hud data" folder AND the \appdata\roaming\hem data folder. Please Zip these folders and email them, with a link to this thread, to support@holdemmanager.com

Please make 3 and 4 the detailed view with the dates and file sizes etc.

To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button. Click this and attach the file.

saintjohn
06-18-2011, 09:52 AM
i don't seem to be able to view the imported hands from the bodog hand grabber in hem. they are definitely being saved in the bodog hand history file and the file is in the auto import folder of hem. i can also see files import to hem when i click on start import. i'm thinking i may have a setting turned on or off in hem that's stopping me from viewing them, but not sure. i do have "all hands" checked. older cash game hands from other sites are there. no problem viewing hands in sng's from rpm. any suggestions please?

thanks

sj

p.s. hem hud is working just fine in bodog

Patvs
06-18-2011, 10:38 AM
clear filters (even though it appears no filters are selected)

set the date formatting of your computer to M/d/yyyy (and not to European default d/M/yyyy) and reboot

saintjohn
06-18-2011, 10:40 AM
ok, i have six hands saved that i can see in hem, so it does have the capacity to work. but the hand grabber indicates there are over 500 hands saved in it. i've cleared all filters, so i don't think that's it. al hands are checked. i didn't have my player name with BDG in the player list, but now i do. however, hands aren't able to be viewed since i put my player name on bodog in the player list.

further question. do i actually have to be playing at the table to have the hands show up in hem? the six hands that show in hem i was actually at the table. the rest where just mined at tables that i had opened and was just observing and testing to see if it all works. they did all show as being captured by the hand grabber. i might have just answered my question! only works when i'm playing at the table? is there a way to manually import the rest of the hands into hem?

Patvs
06-18-2011, 10:55 AM
Update to http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/82571-1-11-07-pre-release.html

Do the 500+ hands show up if you import them into a NEW empty database?
Options--> Database Management--> Connect--> Create New Database--> (set it as default)--> Start HoldemManager

fozzy71
06-18-2011, 10:31 PM
Please install the latest version: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe and go to Filter > Clear and then Filter > Use for all. Also try enabling the Options > Settings... > Miscellaneous > [x] Auto apply filter changes to all tabs

The 'Player Alias' option is to connect 2 different poker site names together, under a new, unique Alias name. Before you can create an alias you want to be sure you can find your various site names. If you only play 1 site there is no need for an alias. http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/33/Player+Name+%26+Alias+

The 'Hero Names' option is to help the HUD know where you are sitting at the table.

Cash Games > Reports > Click 'Change' and search your Poker Site name. You can also click the Arrow and choose Player Search. Do not click the drop-down arrow. That opens a list of previously searched names.

If that doesn't fix the issues, please reproduce the problem and attach a screen shot - Capture a Screen Shot of your Desktop or the Active Window in Windows (http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm)

Please email the pic, with a link to this thread and your forum name, to support@holdemmanager.com

saintjohn
06-28-2011, 06:11 AM
i'm not sure which of you guys suggestions worked for me, but i'm having no problems now. the hand grabber is working fine and hands are being imported without difficulty. once again, thanks for you help, fozzy and pat.

sj