PDA

View Full Version : One table not working while others are.

mak
11-20-2008, 01:10 AM
My HUD works well, at least for most of my tables. However, every once in a while, the HUD does not put stats up for a table. All my other tables have stats, but not one. Even after 30 minutes, stats are still not on that one problem table. The Table Manager list lists the table, but under players it will say 0/6 (0 short). It says this even though the table has 6 playing players on it (including myself). I'm not sure what to do when this happens. Is there a way to instruct HEM to re-find the table?

While this is happening, HEM HUD is working just fine on my other open tables. It's just the one glich table. What can I do?

morny
11-20-2008, 01:13 AM
Make sure your using this version http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.04beta.exe and when you see the problem again please use the table finder http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=54

mak
11-20-2008, 01:25 AM
Okay, I was using 1.06.03h, but I'll try the beta version 1.06.04. I tired using Table Finder in the *.03 version. It showed the table as unattached, but it would still not pick up the table even when I selected it from the list and dragged the red "X" to the table itself. I'll see what *.04 beta version does.

mak
11-20-2008, 01:41 AM
Okay, here's what happened using the beta version of 1.06.04 rc7:

- I was running Full Tilt poker between the download.
- I closed HEM and downloaded the beta version.
- I opened the new beta HEM.
- The new downloaded version still did not pick up one table.
- On the Table Manager list, it still shows 0/6 (0 short)
- When I click on Table Finder, it shows the table as "unattached"
- It says, "None" under both the "Window Title" and "Owner"
- When I click the unattached table and then drag the red finder to the table the "Window Title" now says: coung23 (6 max) - $5/$10 - $300 Cap No Limt.
- Under "Owner" it now says: FullTiltPoker.exe
- Then I click OK
- However, even after 10 minutes, the HUD has still not picked up the table.
- The Table Manager still says 0/6 (0 short).
- When I reopen the Table Finder, it still says coung23 is unattached.
- When I select the table, it once again says "None" under both "Window Title" and "Owner"

Don't know what to do now. Please help.

morny
11-20-2008, 02:21 PM
Please attach the following file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager FTP6Max2.txt

Mon
11-20-2008, 05:26 PM
My HUD works well, at least for most of my tables. However, every once in a while, the HUD does not put stats up for a table. All my other tables have stats, but not one. Even after 30 minutes, stats are still not on that one problem table. The Table Manager list lists the table, but under players it will say 0/6 (0 short). It says this even though the table has 6 playing players on it (including myself). I'm not sure what to do when this happens. Is there a way to instruct HEM to re-find the table?

While this is happening, HEM HUD is working just fine on my other open tables. It's just the one glich table. What can I do?

I have this exactly same problem since months ago. I have reported it many times around here, but all I get is a "nobody else has this problem but you" answer.

http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?t=2926

http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?t=539

After studying the problem I noticed that this always happen in tables where there is a player seated with a nickname that contains non alphanumerical characters, like "/", "_", "#", "%",...

So, I have come to the conclusion that it has to be somehow related to the regional settings of Windows (mine is "Spanish - Spain"), thats why Morny, Roy, etc... can't reproduce the problem.

Mak, can you please check if you have this problem when there's a player nick with that kind of characters in the table?

morny
11-20-2008, 11:51 PM
Hi Mon,

as with the last post you posted on you have a completely different issue, the first issue was to do with the table manager seeing uohoa instead of Tuohoa and thus not picking it up and the this issue is to do specifically with the cuong23 table which ill fix when he posts that file.

Your issue is completely different and nobody else has it that im aware of, some extra suggestions that might have a bearing, someone had a kind of similar problem and it turned out to be because he had hes regional settings set to russian, im nearly sure we tried changing your settings but if we didnt then please try changing all your regional settings/keyboard settings to english/american and reboot and see if it makes a difference

It was a while ago so im not sure what else we tried but unless we can recreate the problem then we cant fix and as of yet your the only one so weve no idea even where to start.

Mon
11-21-2008, 02:57 AM
Hi Morny

Forgive me if I sound a little rude but I'm really pissed you keep saying my problem is completely different from that of Mak and that it is only happening to me. In what is different? Why are you sure it is only happening to me when it seems that you haven't even read the threads I linked in my previous answer?

For example: the problem with table Tauohoa (or whatever it is called) was not my problem, it was the problem of the OP (draculito) of the first post I linked in my previous answer. I jumped on that thread thinking that his problem was the same of mine. It wasn't, but that doesn't make my problem inexistent. You can fix the problem with table Tauhoau or SanMartin or whatever, and that wouldn't wipe my problem because simply that's not my problem.

I am a little pissed because this problem has been here for too long. Releases have passed and the problem is still here. Ive been very patient, thinking that it would be solved someday, taking the time to capture screenshots of the problem´and posting them in the forum, sending you the HH of the tables with the problem,... just to read your answer about my problem missing the point and confusing it with another user problem. Frustrating, to say the least. It could be I don't explain myself very well. OK, english is not my language. But then please ask me for more info, or make me questions. Don't just dispatch me with a "nobody else has that problem" answer.

I posted not one but two screenshots of the problem: one in an OnGame session and another in a PokerStars session. In the OnGame session you told me that there were two tables with the same name. OK, mate, I accept that can happen in that crappy OnGame soft and so HM wouldn't be able to recognise the right table. But, what about Stars? I'm pretty sure there are no two-tables-same-name there, and the problem still happen there.

How can you say that my problem is different from that of the OP in this thread? I would like Mak, the OP, to read my posts in the other threads and say if his problem is not exactly the same as mine. For me, my simptoms look exactly, EXACTLY, the same as his. Every point in his post can be subscribed by me, so, for me, now you have two users with the same problem.

I told you I work in IT, so I'm not iliterate about databases and programming. I spend the whole day working with Microsoft SQL Server so you can ask me to do any test you think could help you solve the problem. I also told you that my home computer XP setup is standar absolutely (well, regional settings are Spanish-Spain, of course), so I thought that if this is happening to me, sure is should be happening to many others. I posted a thread about this in the spanish forum poquer-red.com and at least four other people jumped on to say they had problems with the HUD not showing the stats sometimes in some tables. Simply they didn't give it much importance, closed the problematic tables and didn't give a second thought.

At least a couple of times I have read users complaining in this forum about the lack of solutions to old problems. I didn't like that line since I know problems won't go away because users put more pressure on you, so I prefer to be colaborative and patient. But, sorry to say, I feel that this way my problem will never be solved, so maybe is time to start complaining.

morny
11-21-2008, 12:28 PM
Again this is a known problem with the cuong23 table, this is why im telling you your problem is not related, he just needs to delete cuong23 from the file i asked him to attach, if you search cuong23 youll see lots of these, this is an issue i deal with alot so i can immediately recognise that your issue is different.

Again if we cant replicate the problem we cant find out whats causing it, im almost certain i done a TV session with you and couldnt fix it, then passed all your details on to Roy, who couldnt replicate the problem either. You also had problems importing hands from players with \ or / IIRC and i think we managed to fix this even though it also wasnt happening to anyone else and imported fine on both Mine and Roys PC but not on yours.

Since you mention other people have this problem that are spanish it may be a regional setting. If you do as i mentioned in the last post, to set ALL your settings to english(american) and then if it turns out you dont have the problem then we can narrow it down to a regional setting and then we should be able to find a fix.

I would say the same thing regardless of whether youve never used a PC or you were bill gates top programmer, if i can do anything to help i will but im not just ignoring you, Roy was looking into this but we couldnt figure out your problem with the information you gave us and since nobody else reported the problem it looked like something specific to your config that was causing the problem. So please reset your settings to english american and test and let me know does it fix it and we can at least rule it out and well take it from there.

Since you say this issue isnt just specific to you could you get those other people to contact me for a TV session so i can see if there is anything common that ye use that might cause the problem if the english settings dont work. Also if that dosent work ill ask Roy about this again and maybe he can do a TV session to do more tests on your issue.

mak
11-22-2008, 06:14 AM
Please attach the following file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager FTP6Max2.txt

Do you mean for me to send you an email and attach that file?

morny
11-22-2008, 01:57 PM
yeah please or you can just delete the entry for cuong23 from that file yourself and restart HM and it should resolve your problem

mak
11-24-2008, 04:25 AM
I just deleted the coung line myself. Hopefully that solves the problem. If it doesn't, I'll let you know.