PDA

View Full Version : Issues

Sharukh10
08-30-2013, 11:31 PM
I have updated to 2.2.47.0 version. I'm having a couple issues.

The mouse scroll lags and is very slow going up increments.

The preset bets doesn't account for any money put in pot preflop it will auto set it for 3bbs even if there are limpers or raisers in front. Rest of the presets on later streets seem to work. I haven't changed anything since updating.

The ESC hotkey to turn off hotkeys works but doesn't turn off hotkeys even though in table ninja it says hotkeys are off.

Also i'm having a general computing issue and that might be related to compatibility with holdemmanger/table ninja which has been going on for awhile, so any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

When i'm playing a session my explorer.exe will be taking up 25kish in memory and slowly take up more and more memory until topping off at around 400k. At this point i can no longer click on desktop icons search from start menu, etc. I just use my computer for poker so i'm 99 % sure i have no virus/malware issues. I also don't have this problem when i'm watching a poker video or stream.

Thanks

jtorjo
08-31-2013, 08:12 AM
I have updated to 2.2.47.0 version. I'm having a couple issues.

The mouse scroll lags and is very slow going up increments.

The preset bets doesn't account for any money put in pot preflop it will auto set it for 3bbs even if there are limpers or raisers in front. Rest of the presets on later streets seem to work. I haven't changed anything since updating.

The ESC hotkey to turn off hotkeys works but doesn't turn off hotkeys even though in table ninja it says hotkeys are off.

Also i'm having a general computing issue and that might be related to compatibility with holdemmanger/table ninja which has been going on for awhile, so any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

When i'm playing a session my explorer.exe will be taking up 25kish in memory and slowly take up more and more memory until topping off at around 400k. At this point i can no longer click on desktop icons search from start menu, etc. I just use my computer for poker so i'm 99 % sure i have no virus/malware issues. I also don't have this problem when i'm watching a poker video or stream.

Thanks

Hi,

1. We will retest this - is this just a late issue? What version did you have before?
2. How do you know the hotkeys are not off? Question - the hotkeys you're talking about, are they by any chance mouse or gamepad hotkeys?
3. "Also i'm having a general computing issue and that might be related to compatibility with holdemmanger/table ninja"
Could you be a bit more specific please? Are you saying they take too much memory or CPU? Can you take a look at how much CPU TN is taking? TN should hardly take more than 1% of CPU - it might have spikes of up to 8-9 of CPU but those should be very very few (like, maybe every 20-30 secs).
4. About Explorer - this is strange, but should not be a big issue. Unless by 25K you actually mean 25MB (mega bytes), and by 400K you mean 400MB. Do please note that TN is not responsible for Explorer using more memory.
5. What CPU do you have, and how much RAM?

Best,
John

Sharukh10
08-31-2013, 08:28 AM
1. I recently finished my free trial, which i don't think i had been downloading updates for.
2. Ya they are mouse hotkeys, before if i wanted to move my hud around i would turn off hotkeys and then drag a players hud (since right click for me is call). Now it calls for me even when hotkeys are on or off.

3-5 I really can't i have just been having this very annoying problem where after like a 45 minute session i have those issues i described. TN isn't taking up barely any CPU. I don't know that it is a HM2/TN problem, but i have been trying to fix this issue on another forum, and they suggested it might be a software conflict. I also noted that i didn't get that slowly rising memory by explorer.exe when i spent like 3-4 hours on computer without using HM2 or TN.

I meant to say that explorer.exe starts of taking up 25,000k under Memory (private working set) and then risese to 360,000 - 400,000k. I understand that TN isn't responsbile but i'm at a loss. Just trying to find a solution after nothing has worked.

I have a lenovo T530 with 16MB ram.

jtorjo
08-31-2013, 08:40 AM
1. I recently finished my free trial, which i don't think i had been downloading updates for.
2. Ya they are mouse hotkeys, before if i wanted to move my hud around i would turn off hotkeys and then drag a players hud (since right click for me is call). Now it calls for me even when hotkeys are on or off.

3-5 I really can't i have just been having this very annoying problem where after like a 45 minute session i have those issues i described. TN isn't taking up barely any CPU. I don't know that it is a HM2/TN problem, but i have been trying to fix this issue on another forum, and they suggested it might be a software conflict. I also noted that i didn't get that slowly rising memory by explorer.exe when i spent like 3-4 hours on computer without using HM2 or TN.

I meant to say that explorer.exe starts of taking up 25,000k under Memory (private working set) and then risese to 360,000 - 400,000k. I understand that TN isn't responsbile but i'm at a loss. Just trying to find a solution after nothing has worked.

I have a lenovo T530 with 16MB ram.

Hi,

1. We will retest, please note that we've made a lot of improvements in the latest weeks. Should this be an issue, we should have a fix very soon
2. We will fix this ASAP - we've just noticed that mouse/gamepad were not toggled off. Will very likely be fixed in the next release
3. Please try without HM2 and see if this still happens - also, note that if you're using 16GB of RAM, you should have PLENTY of memory - note that I'm just using 6GB and I hardly go over 70% physical memory - and that is when I'm doing heavy heavy testing. So in your case, you should never go above 40% of your physical memory used by processes.
Just in case that still happens, I suggest you do a sort of processes by Memory (Private Working Set), and see which is the culprit - note that sometimes I see Firefox taking a LOT of memory, at which point I close and reopen it, and voila - problem fixed :)

Best,
John

Sharukh10
08-31-2013, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the quick replies.

When the problem happens i end task on explorer.exe and then start a new task of explorer.exe and everything is fine for awhile. I have no idea why it happens in the first place. Grasping at straws really.

jtorjo
09-02-2013, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the quick replies.

When the problem happens i end task on explorer.exe and then start a new task of explorer.exe and everything is fine for awhile. I have no idea why it happens in the first place. Grasping at straws really.

Hi Sharuk,

1. Can't really reproduce your explorer issue on our machines.
2. Toggle hotkeys should work correctly now (2.2.49)
3. About preset bets - they should work correctly - can you send us your logs for us to take a look?

Best,
John

Sharukh10
09-02-2013, 10:19 PM
I just decided to recovery my laptop to factory state thru my backup disks, i'm in the process of reinstalling all poker stuff if im still having preset bet issue i will send logs.

jtorjo
09-02-2013, 10:20 PM
I just decided to recovery my laptop to factory state thru my backup disks, i'm in the process of reinstalling all poker stuff if im still having preset bet issue i will send logs.

Awesome, thanks!

Best,
John

Sharukh10
09-02-2013, 10:47 PM
I tested on play money and i'm still having issue with 3bet and iso preset sizes .. there is another thread about it saying it is a known problem.

EDIT: The problem now seems to be very infrequent. I didn't have it every single time like before.

SECOND EDIT: I tried a session of .01/.02 zoom w/ hud ... i normally play zoom and all the problems i was having in my original post with preset bets came back.

BlueLaser
09-03-2013, 12:46 AM
I don't have much to add except that I find that setting bet sizes using mouse scroll is extremely slow in 2.2.47.0 for me as well on Pokerstars.

jtorjo
09-03-2013, 02:51 AM
I tested on play money and i'm still having issue with 3bet and iso preset sizes .. there is another thread about it saying it is a known problem.

EDIT: The problem now seems to be very infrequent. I didn't have it every single time like before.

SECOND EDIT: I tried a session of .01/.02 zoom w/ hud ... i normally play zoom and all the problems i was having in my original post with preset bets came back.

Hi guys,

Sorry I posted this too soon - the version is live, but I did not mark it "available to public" until we do a bit further testing.
You can get it directly here - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/TN2Update2.2.49.msi

Best,
John