PDA

View Full Version : Import & HUD lagging

Riksman
02-13-2011, 05:17 PM
Hi!

My hud worked ok, until I imported old database of about 1mil hands. After that my hud has not been working almost at all. Sometimes the HUD opens during the session, but it doesnt work properly and might for example show stats from a previous match (I play HU). Also the HEM itself lags so that after the session I have to keep HEM running like 4hours, otherwise the hands from the session doesnt update to the database. I have vacuumed the database after the import of 1mil hands.

Rikman

olliepower
02-13-2011, 10:41 PM
Can you make sure your Opacity slider in HUD options > Player Preferences> Appearance TAB is 100% to the right and also do the same for the mucked cards Opacity

Also keep task manager running and have it sort by CPU in the Processes TAB and see what is using the most CPU when the lagging happens.

Try disabling as many programs as possible such as AHK scripts, Firewall, LimeWire, Mikogo etc. and Antiviruses and if they can't be disabled make sure you add all these programs to the exceptions list such as HMhud.exe, DBcontrol panel.exe and holdemmanager.exe from the Holdem Manager folder as well as any of the other programs that happen to be running, sometimes for example the antivirus/firewall etc. scan every file that's been processed and it can slow things down so running with as few programs as possible. This is the most common culprit and it's usually a combination of 2 or more programs that can cause the issue rather than 1 specific program.

Rule out corrupt config files as the problem
Sometimes a corrupt prefs.xml file or holdemmanager.config file can cause Holdem Manager or the HUD to crash. To rule this out we install the default prefs.xml file and holdemmanager.config file.

First close Holdem Manager and go to C:/Program Files/RVGSoftware/HoldemManager and make copies of the prefs.xml file and holdemmanager.config file, then delete the originals. Once you do this restart Holdem Manager and it will create default holdemmanager.config and prefs.xml files and if this fixes the crashing problem then we can assume it was one of those 2 files were corrupt. In that scenario we would need to re-configure our import folders and HUD settings and use the new default ones.

If however it doesn't fix the issue we can just replace the defaults with our copies by closing HM, deleting the prefs.xml file and the holdemmanager.config file and renaming the 2 copies to prefs.xml and holdemmanager.config and rebooting HM and all our settings will be returned.

Rule Out Firewalls/Antiviruses
Sometimes firewalls can prevent access to a file that HM needs to run and thus causing it to crash, unfortunately disabling the firewall doesn't always fix the issue. See these two FAQs on how to remedy that.
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/339/Software+Security+Problems+%28Firewall%29
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/275/Windows+Firewall+%7B47%7D+Defender+Problems
It can be easy to pass this off and say it didn't happen before but has been the cause on several occasions

Also going to control panel > Admin Tools > Event Viewer and copy and paste any description if there are any error or information events that coincide with the time of the lagging.

Go to Hud Options > Site Options and disable all the prefetch/track live hands options for all the sites.

Disable Aero and choose the standard/default theme On Vista or Windows 7
Disable Aero on Windows 7 or Vista - How-To Geek (http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-aero-on-windows-vista/)

Disable or Reduce Hardware Acceleration
Hardware Acceleration can solve issues with graphics and crashing issues, depending on your graphics card driver Windows 7 and Vista users may not be able to disable this. Click here to see how to do this.

Lastly make sure your graphics driver is up to date as this can make a big difference to lagging even with a brand new PC.
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/362/How+To+Update+Your+Graphics+Card+DriverOn

With all those tried if you still haven't found a solution Enable Logging
Please go to Hud Options > Table Preferences and enable logging. Then recreate the crash and then go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Logs and send us the log.txt file with details of what's happening to support@holdemmanager.net and a link to the thread you made detailing all the steps you tried and also be sure to send the log before restarting HM otherwise it will clear the log. Also try to provide as much detail as possible about what was happening at the time the crash happened, did you click a button, switch tab, hover over a stat etc.