PDA

View Full Version : AKo Major Leak

TierTier
11-19-2008, 05:08 PM
I have a rather ridiculous leak that I feel like an idiot for even posting about. Today I noticed that my biggest losing hand when HU on the flop is AKo.

With the filter "Heads up on the Flop" it is -183bb/100

With the filter "Heads up on the Flop, No PRF" it is +54.77bb/100

In short, over a 100k sample size I've managed to lose 1/3 of profits with Ako in raised pots! A priori I am guessing that this number should be +, but, even if it were breakeven for me, this alone would increase my bb/100 25%

I'm hoping that someone can offer additional insight into the following analysis.

My first thought was that I was cold calling just to see a flop and I should be 3betting far more often. I do tend to cold call with AK more then I would a mid pair. But, I set ditional filter of flop action = fold and my losses are reduced by 4/5. So, "calling to see a flop" isn't the issue.

I'm not being too liberal in pushing it preflop because I set the "all-in preflop = true" and its a positive value.

I'm not being too aggressive with TPTK because my call cbet raise is only 7 hands and it's a positive value.

I want to break this down by when I AM the raiser, when I'm a caller, and when I'm 3bettor, etc. However, it seems that when I try to set these filters in HM it is not working out the way I want. When I go to "filter by actions" are these MY actions or the STRING of actions for the hand?

Hoping someone can add some thoughts because I went through all of the HM articles and looked good in all of the reports. But, when fiddling around with it myself today I nearly fell out of my chair when I noticed how much this hand is cutting into my profits.

Al1
11-19-2008, 09:59 PM
I have a rather ridiculous leak that I feel like an idiot for even posting about. Today I noticed that my biggest losing hand when HU on the flop is AKo.

With the filter "Heads up on the Flop" it is -183bb/100

With the filter "Heads up on the Flop, No PRF" it is +54.77bb/100

In short, over a 100k sample size I've managed to lose 1/3 of profits with Ako in raised pots! A priori I am guessing that this number should be +, but, even if it were breakeven for me, this alone would increase my bb/100 25%

I'm hoping that someone can offer additional insight into the following analysis.

My first thought was that I was cold calling just to see a flop and I should be 3betting far more often. I do tend to cold call with AK more then I would a mid pair. But, I set ditional filter of flop action = fold and my losses are reduced by 4/5. So, "calling to see a flop" isn't the issue.

I'm not being too liberal in pushing it preflop because I set the "all-in preflop = true" and its a positive value.

I'm not being too aggressive with TPTK because my call cbet raise is only 7 hands and it's a positive value.

I want to break this down by when I AM the raiser, when I'm a caller, and when I'm 3bettor, etc. However, it seems that when I try to set these filters in HM it is not working out the way I want. When I go to "filter by actions" are these MY actions or the STRING of actions for the hand?

Hoping someone can add some thoughts because I went through all of the HM articles and looked good in all of the reports. But, when fiddling around with it myself today I nearly fell out of my chair when I noticed how much this hand is cutting into my profits.

Perhaps you can review the big pots you played with AKo? And see if there is some mistakes.

TierTier
11-20-2008, 12:18 PM
This isn't an issue of atrociously playing a few hands that are heavily weighting my entire sample. It's a systematic 'small' error that I continually make and continues to add up. Namely, my willingness to cold call and then pay off the cbet when I don't hit. I'm upping my 3betting with it and lowering my 3betting with low to mid pairs.

This is truly great software once you figure out all of the nuances. Very helpful in pinpointing all sorts of issues.

morny
11-20-2008, 01:37 PM
However, it seems that when I try to set these filters in HM it is not working out the way I want. When I go to "filter by actions" are these MY actions or the STRING of actions for the hand?

This is your actions, so if you see Call/Call that means you called then someone else raised and you called again, or is you see raise/call that means you raised, he 3bet and you called etc etc

You made the first step in recognising the leak, now its a matter of studying that sample assuming its big enough not just to be variance, any seeing where you could have played it differently and then reviewing it again in a couple of weeks to see if youve improved