PDA

View Full Version : Tableninja2 with gamepad and xpadder

wlore
08-28-2013, 08:49 AM
Hi

I would like to use TN2 with gamepad and keyboard. I'm using Xpadder and I have mapped all the buttons in my gamepad. When I use it with notepad it writes letter to it as mapped, but when I'm using TN2 and try to play poker with it, it doesn't do anything.

I ran debug mode and I get following line when pressing gamepad button.

15:46:42,675 DEBUG TNHotkeys.GamepadForm - Gamepad action: (GP1)Button 13 (ignored)

Which suggested to me that TN2 does not recognize my gamepad buttons as mapped in xpadder but as buttons.

After I saw that I mapped gamepad buttons to TN2 and it worked fine, but then I could use keyboard to give commands if I wanted to.

Is there any way to setup my system so that I could use both keyboard and gamepad with xpadder together?

jtorjo
08-28-2013, 11:32 AM
Hi

I would like to use TN2 with gamepad and keyboard. I'm using Xpadder and I have mapped all the buttons in my gamepad. When I use it with notepad it writes letter to it as mapped, but when I'm using TN2 and try to play poker with it, it doesn't do anything.

I ran debug mode and I get following line when pressing gamepad button.

15:46:42,675 DEBUG TNHotkeys.GamepadForm - Gamepad action: (GP1)Button 13 (ignored)

Which suggested to me that TN2 does not recognize my gamepad buttons as mapped in xpadder but as buttons.

After I saw that I mapped gamepad buttons to TN2 and it worked fine, but then I could use keyboard to give commands if I wanted to.

Is there any way to setup my system so that I could use both keyboard and gamepad with xpadder together?

Hi wlore,

First off, thanks for taking the time and looking through the logs.
Second, I'd like to see if I understand you correctly - it seems you want some TN commands to work both as gamepad, and as hotkeys - for instance, be able to fold via key "F", and via some button on the gamepad.

Is this what you want?

Best,
John

wlore
08-28-2013, 02:42 PM
Hi wlore,

First off, thanks for taking the time and looking through the logs.
Second, I'd like to see if I understand you correctly - it seems you want some TN commands to work both as gamepad, and as hotkeys - for instance, be able to fold via key "F", and via some button on the gamepad.

Is this what you want?

Best,
John

Hi John,

That's excatly what I want to do and have done in tableninja 1 with xpadder.

jtorjo
08-28-2013, 02:59 PM
Hi John,

That's excatly what I want to do and have done in tableninja 1 with xpadder.

Hi wlore,

I take it it works ok with TN1, but with TN2 it doesn't. Right?

Best,
John

wlore
08-29-2013, 06:49 AM
OK.. here's what I have gathered so far. English is not my native language so just hang in there while I try to make some sense out of my thoughts. :)

When opening TN2 it recognizes my gamepad and prepares gamepadform

I’m able to use gamepad-buttons directly as hotkeys. They show up something like “GAMEPADBUTTON(2)”

When I use XPADDER it works fine with other programs such as notepad.
- GAMEPADBUTTON2 linked as B
- When pressed letter B appears in notepad.

Conclusion: gamepad and xpadder link works fine.

I’m running all of these programs as admin

TN2 debugger is divided into 2 panels. Bottom panel is working like notepad. Upper
panel logs actions that TN2 picks up.
- If I have not mapped GAMEPADBUTTON(2) directly to TN2 I will get letter B in bottom panel and
“15:46:42,675 DEBUG TNHotkeys.GamepadForm - Gamepad action: (GP1)Button 13 (ignored) “ in upper panel.
- IF GAMEPADBUTTON(2) is mapped in TN2 upper panel result will be different and depends on whether I have pokertable open or not. But it works fine.
If Xpadder is open I still get letter B on bottom panel.

I did all different setups I could think of and accidentally stumbled into a discovery.
- I pressed GAMEPADBUTTON(2) and I just happened to have BET hotkey box activated in TN. B appeared into the box. With next push of a button GAMEPADBUTTON(2) appeared into the box.
- I was able to get letter B to the box randomly and usually only whit rapid press of the button. GAMEPADBUTTON(2) was linked to BET hotkey most of the time.

Conclusion
- TN2 gamepadform hooks up to the pressed gamepad buttons and interferes with the information that was sent from xpadder.
- Because they are simultaneous I get occasionally the information from xpadder
- It seems that GAMEPADBUTTON has higher priority than information received from xpadder.
- When GAMEPADBUTTON is not linked in TN2, TN2 ignores and suppress all regarding information that comes at the same time.

So this is what I have come up with, it seems that at the moment my setup is not possible. If initialization of gamepadform could be blocked it might work. Maybe a setup choice where you could disable gamepadform or gamepad?

joppiesaus
05-05-2014, 05:00 PM
has this been solved?

jtorjo
05-06-2014, 02:25 AM
Hi wlore,

I'm still not sure what it is that you are trying to accomplish.
First off, I've tested personally xpadder + TN2, and it works correctly.

I have two suggestions:
1. You can use gamepad directly (without xpadder)
2. In case you want to use gamepad + xpadder + TN2, I'm guessing you have the problem of setting up hotkeys. Say you have GAMEPADBUTTON2 mapped as B. Then, you can type the letter 'B' as hotkey (wherever you want) - and then, when you press GAMEPADBUTTON2, TN2 should recognize it as B.

If none of these work, we can have a setting to disable gamepadform.

Best,
John