PDA

View Full Version : Help me to connect to PostgresSQL

Ggrognon
11-19-2008, 04:36 AM
Hello,

I would like to try to test HEM, but I got a main issue.

I'm running Vista and I have desactivated UAC and all .exe for HEM are run as Administrator.

I had PT2 in the past. I installed PostgreSQL while installing PT2.
My PostgresSQL login/password was : postgres/postgres
Then later on, I installed PT3 (not re-installing PostgresSQL).
I don't know if that changed my login/password.
Everything is fine with PT3.
Now I try HEM, and when launching it, I am asked for a login/password for postgresSQL base.
Whatever I am using : the ones by default, or postgres/postgres/ or postgres/dbpass, none are working. I changed 127.0.0.1 by localhost and still the same issues, whatever login/password I use...
I still got that message : http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/3549/hemnokhy2.jpg (http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/3549/hemnokhy2.jpg).

Please, help ! I've heard so many good things about HEM... I'd like to try it !

morny
11-19-2008, 02:20 PM
In that pic it asks if youd like HM to configure it to accept any password, just say yes and then try again and it will accept any password.

Ggrognon
11-19-2008, 02:58 PM
In that pic it asks if youd like HM to configure it to accept any password, just say yes and then try again and it will accept any password.

OK, I was afraid that it may overwrite the pwd I use with PT3 and did not try.

BTW, I did another way and I'm telling how here in order to help people.
Even if I don't remember having changed that [censured] password, it seems that I've lost it, because it is not the one I expect.

How to change his postreSQL password ? ... when you've lost it (elsewhere you can change it by giving your old password and typing the new one).
Under the PostgreSQL on your computer, find the file (in the data/ repository) pg_hba.conf. Edit it with notepad. At the end of all line not beginning with # : you'll find "md5", change it into "trust". Then relaunch. Now PostgreSQL server accepts any connection. Just connect to your db (type nothing for the password) using pgAdmin III and change your password (type nothing for the old password). Then change back "trust" into "md5" if you want password check again. That's it.

Maybe that's what is done when you answer yes to the popup in the image above (see link) : he puts "trust" ?

Now it's OK, I can try HEM. :D

Anyway, thanks for your reply Mr Support.

morny
11-19-2008, 03:17 PM
Yeah it edits the file from MD5 to trust which basically excepts any username and password

Thanks
Mr.Support