PDA

View Full Version : backup doesnt work, export hh not available....

smartmike
02-13-2011, 08:14 AM
I got a database about 70GB large.
I got all the hands on my laptop, need them on pc also.
So i made a backup and tried to put the backed up database on my pc using the 'backup and restore' in HM.
Always after restoring (tried it 3 times) it shows 0 players, means no hand in the database....
and i wonder why it first needs about 40Gb space in the 'temp-files' then the backup sais its ready to start backing up the database, and then again takes another 50GB space in the 'data'-section of postgre, but not 1 hh available in the database....
I use windows7 64 on laptop and vista on pc, that causes the problem maybe?
and can i export the database on external HDD (by changing the path in postgre as described in FAQ/forums) and then use the same database for both pc and notebook when i put in the same name for the database on both?
and why cant i export HH no more through my HM since some releases?

netsrak
02-13-2011, 02:11 PM
The export bug is fixed in 1.11.06a.

For the backup / restore procedure please use the native pgadmin feature as its more flexible: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup+%26+Restore+Database

smartmike
02-14-2011, 05:01 AM
The export bug is fixed in 1.11.06a.

I run 1.11.06.a and i still can't find the export HHs feature... :confused:

Patvs
02-15-2011, 05:45 AM
The backup/restore basically needs 2x the size of the database in free disk space.
1x for temp file
1x for the actual backup

Can you backup the database in pgadminIII (save the backup file to a different partition) then restore the backup on the other computer.
Restoring a .backup will be 100x faster than reimporting the handhistories of a 70 GB database.

Brainer
02-15-2011, 06:48 AM
I have the same issue:-
The native backup and restore feature allowed me to make the backup but when I try to restore it I get the error message "HoldemManagerBackup has encountered an error and needs to close".
I made a separate backup through PG Admin and when I try to restore that (on my new laptop) I cannot click the OK button (it stays grayed-out). However when I attempt to restore through PG admin on my original machine (where I made the backup) the OK button is not grayed-out (so would suggest the issue is not the backup file itself).
Please help I have around 15GB of hands a new laptop and no way to transfer the data!

thanks

marc

Brainer
02-15-2011, 07:46 AM
I just upgraded the new pc with the 0.6a patch....still no joy although I would like to know if I should expect to need to upgrade the original PC to make a working exported backup?
In other words was the bug (that 06.a fixed) in the backup or restore part of the process?

Brainer
02-15-2011, 08:01 AM
I just noticed that the HEMBK file I created is around 800MB in size...I have over 2 million hands so should I assume the issue was in the backup creation as this file seems too small to have all the info.

smartmike
02-15-2011, 04:01 PM
The backup/restore basically needs 2x the size of the database in free disk space.
1x for temp file
1x for the actual backup

Can you backup the database in pgadminIII (save the backup file to a different partition) then restore the backup on the other computer.
Restoring a .backup will be 100x faster than reimporting the handhistories of a 70 GB database.

Did it through pgadminIII - worked fine and sooo fast, thanks.
Don't need it no more, but i still guess there is no export-HHs feature in 1.11.06a or is it just me being unable to find it?
Tx, nice and fast support as usual :D

Patvs
02-16-2011, 12:53 AM
options--> database management---> connect--> should bring up the "export hands" option

@Brainer use pgadminIII instead. (not the backup & restore utility in HoldemManager)