PDA

View Full Version : Time zone

linkus
11-18-2008, 07:07 PM
Good day.

After my play in PokerStars in Cash Games -> Sessions I see wrong time. This time is not in my time zone. How can I configurate HM to show me in my time zone?

Al1
11-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Good day.

After my play in PokerStars in Cash Games -> Sessions I see wrong time. This time is not in my time zone. How can I configurate HM to show me in my time zone?

Hi,

The time displayed is the one used in the HHs. You currently can't change this one.

You can add this suggestion here:
http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/

morny
11-18-2008, 10:20 PM
You can use this to offset the timezone when your using the today filters although if you play on more than 1 site this wouldnt be so useful: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=65

So if your local time is 10am and for example full tilt servers time says 1pm then if you want any hands played after midnight your time to be counted as a new day then you need to offset the 3 hours difference and set your day start time to 9pm

kiddo
01-09-2009, 09:44 PM
as i understand nothing have happend with this? u still cant change all hands into ur local time but have to do with different sites using different local time making it impossible to look at ur - let say - last 4 hours of actual playing?

its very annoying

ComputerNoob
11-28-2009, 11:12 AM
as i understand nothing have happend with this? u still cant change all hands into ur local time but have to do with different sites using different local time making it impossible to look at ur - let say - last 4 hours of actual playing?

its very annoying

+1 bump

The Minder
11-29-2009, 08:17 PM
+1

My wish is for all dates/times in HHs to be replaced with user's computer's system time.

Feroc
12-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Guess the best thing is to vote here:
http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/pages/5307-holdem-manger-suggestions/suggestions/263897-time-zone

So annoying...

fozzy71
12-04-2009, 09:59 PM
This is coming very soon, in the 1.10 beta versions.

CF23
12-24-2009, 06:24 PM
hi there
i just now switched from stars to full tilt.
my time zone is GMT and in stars i can change the time zone, so the HH and the session tabs etc are always correctly using my local time.

i take it that in full tilt that's impossible as of now, because i can't a) change the time in the full tilt client and b) there is no option to adjust the time zone in HEM either?

Patvs
12-24-2009, 07:33 PM
Options--> Adjust Site Import Times...

Honestly,.. I'm not sure if this fully works now.. but it definitely will soon.. (and requires a reimport of all your hands)

CF23
12-24-2009, 07:47 PM
ok just found this in the new latest beta 1.10 beta 5.

it's good enough if it works for the newly imported hands. will play a session now and see if it works. :)

CF23
12-29-2009, 06:00 PM
hi there
so, it's been working just fine. MOST of the time, that is.
for some reasons, sometimes the set value (e.g. +5 hours for full tilt) resets back to the default 0.
why is that?
but it's not EVERY time i start HEM.
so this is a small bug for sure.

netsrak
12-30-2009, 05:44 AM
Does it happen with installing a new Beta? Anyway its already reported in the Beta thread and we are aware of if. Btw: Beta 6 is out.

CF23
12-30-2009, 05:11 PM
thanks. i am using beta 5.
will upgrade to beta 6 now.
on a related note, probably has been mentioned somewhere else already: it would be great if there was an automated update process/notification built into HEM.

fozzy71
01-01-2010, 12:58 PM
thanks. i am using beta 5.
will upgrade to beta 6 now.
on a related note, probably has been mentioned somewhere else already: it would be great if there was an automated update process/notification built into HEM.

It is coming in 1.11 or 1.12 I 'think'.

Stuv
01-15-2010, 03:32 AM
I updated to 1.10 beta 7, and this feature does not seem to be working with the 'Today" filters. I live in the Pacific time zone, so I've set my offset to -3 hours, is that correct? Still, the sessions tab displays my sessions at eastern standard time and all "today" filters group them according to EST as well.

netsrak
01-15-2010, 05:33 AM
Which sites are you playing?
It only works for newly imported hands

Stuv
01-16-2010, 04:22 PM
Which sites are you playing?
It only works for newly imported hands

I play on Full Tilt. I play just about all my sessions at 9PM Pacific, which is midnight Eastern (the next day). I updated about five days ago, set the offset to -3 hrs, and imported new hands each night (my sessions last 1-2 hours). But, after each session, my sessions tab lists each session as starting at midnight the next day (maybe this isn't supposed to change), and, more importantly, the "Today" filter always includes the session I just finished AND the previous night's 9PM pacific session.

fozzy71
01-16-2010, 10:25 PM
Have you also tried using the Options > Miscellaneous Options. Set Day Starts At

Kevin86
01-16-2010, 10:57 PM
It will be in version 1.13 right?

netsrak
01-17-2010, 07:29 AM
It will be in version 1.13 right?

:confused:

Stuv
01-17-2010, 10:33 PM
Have you also tried using the Options > Miscellaneous Options. Set Day Starts At

Yes, I've always used that. With that, the "Today" filters work correctly but the "This Month/Last month" are always a day off. I start my Iron Man run on the last day of the month my time, because that is midnight on the first day of the month Full Tilt time, and I like to follow my monthly progress the majority of the time.

It's completely not a big deal, I just hoped this new option of offsetting the timestamp as is was imported would make it all normal.

netsrak
01-18-2010, 08:40 AM
With this new option you "manipulate" the datetime of the hand - this means the hand is displayed in your local time if you set it correctly.
Set day starts at is still used for today filters etc.

fredrik
03-05-2010, 03:55 AM
So if your local time is 10am and for example full tilt servers time says 1pm then if you want any hands played after midnight your time to be counted as a new day then you need to offset the 3 hours difference and set your day start time to 9pm

Come on guys, why are you recommending a feature that has never worked? You know it doesn't work.

It can't be hard to fix this bug, so I don't understand why you don't. For those of us who actually care about this, it causes frustration every day. I've seen other posts about this in the forum, so I know I'm not the only one.

I still have to choose "last 8 hours" to see the last 2 hours. If it's after 18:00 and I use the "today" filter, none of the hands I played earlier in the day shows up. If I choose "Specific month: September" (for example), I can see hands played in October. (The last hand is timestamped 11:59, which means that I played it at 05:59 on October 1). So the "day starts at" setting is still useless. I think it would actually be better to remove it completely than to leave it like this.

It can't be too hard to work this out. I'm in Sweden. That's 6 hours ahead of server time. In other words, my day starts at 18:00. So when I set a filter to show hands between times t1 and t2, it should show me hands with time stamps between t1-6h and t2-6h.

I think that if the "day starts at" a time between 0:00 and 06:00, you're supposed to add a few hours instead, because otherwise you're on the wrong day. I don't know for sure if you should add 7 or subtract 17 when the day starts at 07:00 (New Zealand). I think you should probably subtract 17. (This assumes that they're 2 h ahead of eastern Australia and not 22 h behind).

You could make things easier for yourself by replacing "my day starts at" with "I'm this many hours ahead of coordinated universal time". See this web site (http://www.physicalgeography.net/fundamentals/2c.html). (You should probably make -5 the default). If the users type in the numbers they're assigned by that map, the filter should match hands with time stamps between t1-5-x and t2-5-x, where x is the number they typed. This works for all time zones. You don't even have to worry about New Zealand since I'm sure they can figure out if they should type +12 or -12.

Options--> Adjust Site Import Times...

Honestly,.. I'm not sure if this fully works now.. but it definitely will soon.. (and requires a reimport of all your hands)
I'd rather not have HM rewrite the hand histories, and I'd rather not do an export/import of all my hands. Why not just fix the "day starts at" feature?