PDA

View Full Version : PostgresSQL

pmatt10
11-18-2008, 07:07 PM
ok I have another problem...

I have the following error:

Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

so I'm at FAQ 171 trying to solve my problem but I'm stuck at step 1

Step 1: Restart the PostgreSQL service

So when I try to start it, I have this message: The PostgreSQL Database Server 8.3 service on Local Computer Started and then stopped. Some service stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.

Thank you

Al1
11-18-2008, 09:51 PM
ok I have another problem...

I have the following error:

Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

so I'm at FAQ 171 trying to solve my problem but I'm stuck at step 1

Step 1: Restart the PostgreSQL service

So when I try to start it, I have this message: The PostgreSQL Database Server 8.3 service on Local Computer Started and then stopped. Some service stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.

Thank you

Escalated to Morny (Support), he will answere asap.

morny
11-18-2008, 10:15 PM
go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.2\data and delete the postmaster.pid file then restart holdem manager. If you get the error again then follow the FAQ for antivirus/firewall help http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/?f=171

Then if you get that error move on to step 2, its important to follow this exactly, if you skip a step it probably wont work and youll need to do it from the start again

pmatt10
11-20-2008, 03:29 PM
Do I need to create a new service account with PostgreSQL? When I try to install PostgreSQL, it stops and says that this user account already exists.

I tried to create a new account but HM is still not working

Al1
11-20-2008, 07:28 PM
Do I need to create a new service account with PostgreSQL? When I try to install PostgreSQL, it stops and says that this user account already exists.

I tried to create a new account but HM is still not working

Yep, you have to replace every "postgres" user by what you want, for example, holdemmanager.