PDA

View Full Version : EV Graph STT's - accuracy

sashasharpley
08-14-2013, 10:11 AM
I use HEM version 1.13.01 Internal. I have some doubts concerning the accuracy of the EV adjusted graph.I have played over 1000 STTs and as you can see in the graph below my adjusted EV is around 21%. My actual EV is 1%. This differential is huge. I have also used the ROISimulator software to identify the probability of this happening - it does not assign even a fraction of a % to this differential. In fact not only is my global profit massively below expectation, it is also below expectation for every daily session I have played (always at least 50 STTs).

Can you please comment on this? Is the EV calculation accurate in HEM? I play at 888.com. Could the games not be 'honest' there? I understand that variance is larger than we imagine but it is the shear constancy of a flat line for actual profit versus a smooth upward trajectory for the EV adjusted. Is 1000 + games not enough?

I welcome any comments.

Thank you.

Patvs
08-14-2013, 12:44 PM
What is the payout structure for these games?
50-30-20 (3 places paid)
or 70/30 (2 places paid)

We have a bugticket on these games, HMONE-31.
I think HM1 uses the wrong payout structure for the EV calculations for Pacific/888 6Max Turbo SNG's.

This bug also existed, but has already been fixed for HM2. I've added your email address to the bug ticket, so you'll be automatically notified when it is fixed

sashasharpley
08-14-2013, 01:33 PM
I play 6 max turbos at 888 with payout 70/30. The actual payout is recorded correctly in HEM1. From your comment, does that mean that the adjusted EV is completely wrong?

Patvs
08-14-2013, 03:39 PM
Replay a hand when you're allin.

Click on the ICM button.

Does HM1 show 2 payouts, or 3 payouts?
If it shows 3 payouts, it's using the wrong payout structure for the EV, so the adjusted EV and Luck Adjusted Winnings is completely wrong.

sashasharpley
08-14-2013, 04:26 PM
Well I checked it out. In fact the ICM only shows 1 payout not 2 or 3 for the hyper turbos. The payout amount is totally wrong too. It shows $5 for the winner when the total prize pool is $15 payed for 1st and 2nd. I also checked out the normal speed 6 max games and the ICM is wrong there too. The ICM shows payout for 1st and 2nd but the payout should be for 3 players. The total prize pool amount is correct however.

Please advise. Thank you.

Patvs
08-14-2013, 04:39 PM
When only 3 players remain in the SNG, HM1 thinks this is 3max sng and uses another wrong payout structure, with only 1 winner.

So 6-4 handed it's wrongly using 50-30-20 payout structure.
3-2 handed, it's wrongly using a 100% payout structure (also using the wrong prize pool structure).

Bugticket on this is HMONE-31. I've updated the ticket.