PDA

View Full Version : EV question

asmartone
02-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Is there a possibility to fix such type of hands?

For example I'm playing PLO against an opponent who doesn't know how to go all-in, we have a "fight" on the pre-flop, where he calls my 5bet, leaving behind only 1 dollar left. On the flop he gets lucky and goes allin at all money he got left (1 dollar). He wins.

So what's the problem? At the pre-flop we both have 50%. But on the flop, because of his luck and because it's omaha he has 99%. So when I go allin, with my 1%, EV is calculated as if I was stacking up with only 1%.

There are always few such type hands, when opponent calls on the pre leaving behind 1-5% of stack being far ahead (I suppose with the intention to go allin on the flop no matter what), getting lucky on the flop and messing up EV.

Maybe you could implement feature, which would count % of stack left, before going to the flop?

RDB
02-12-2011, 06:59 PM
There are several ways all-in ev could be calculated but nothing is perfect. Please see this thread for a more detailed explanation.

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-bugs/42290-equity-miscaluation.html#post202332