PDA

View Full Version : exclude hero

zamb3zi
07-29-2013, 10:58 PM
Hi,
I created a def for instances when villain chooses to show their hand without showing down. In pre-flop general I checked "had to not show down" and "allow non shown down hands". Also, I had to set a hand range, but selecting "all" doesn't work. I had to select 32o and invert it. It's a mild annoyance that I seem to have to exclude one hand.

It now works except it creates a lot of notes for the hero which I would like to exclude. There's no "recipient had to NOT be the hero" checkbox unfortunately. The only way I can think of would be to create a composite definition based on the player's name and a colour definition for "not the hero" to use in the definitions note recipient player type. There must be a better way? Thanks.

Edit: it seems to work if I add a "fold" action sequence with a "fold" action that just selects "had to be HERO" and "had to NOT be recipient", then another sequence for call and one for raise. I have to ignore the warning messages but it works. Then I created another similar def for "non hero won hand without showing down" to create the opportunities and a composite def to link them.

To finish off, I created a color def badge for the frequent flasher: :D

Edit: never mind the following. I solved it with a custom partition 2-10 players on both definitions.
One problem I'm still having seems to be a general problem with composite definitions. For a particular player, I have 9 instance notes and 113 opportunity notes in "medium" game size and 1 opportunity note in "headsup". The composite def calculates 9/1 = 900%, so it's mixing values from different game sizes. What can I do about that?

sreticentv
07-30-2013, 08:15 AM
Hi,
I created a def for instances when villain chooses to show their hand without showing down. In pre-flop general I checked "had to not show down" and "allow non shown down hands". Also, I had to set a hand range, but selecting "all" doesn't work. I had to select 32o and invert it. It's a mild annoyance that I seem to have to exclude one hand.

I'm not clear on this. Were you trying to filter for an actual range? If not, you didn't need to do anything on the pre flop->holdem cards screen at all. Leaving everything blank means it won't attempt to filter. I just clicked the "all" button and it turned all the buttons from blue to black. To unselect a single hand you just right click it. Let me know if I misunderstood you there

It now works except it creates a lot of notes for the hero which I would like to exclude. There's no "recipient had to NOT be the hero" checkbox unfortunately. The only way I can think of would be to create a composite definition based on the player's name and a colour definition for "not the hero" to use in the definitions note recipient player type. There must be a better way? Thanks.

Edit: it seems to work if I add a "fold" action sequence with a "fold" action that just selects "had to be HERO" and "had to NOT be recipient", then another sequence for call and one for raise. I have to ignore the warning messages but it works. Then I created another similar def for "non hero won hand without showing down" to create the opportunities and a composite def to link them.

To finish off, I created a color def badge for the frequent flasher: :D

This is a very clever solution. I love seeing people use features in ways that weren't intended to accomplish creative things. Thank you for posting the solution.

Edit: never mind the following. I solved it with a custom partition 2-10 players on both definitions.
One problem I'm still having seems to be a general problem with composite definitions. For a particular player, I have 9 instance notes and 113 opportunity notes in "medium" game size and 1 opportunity note in "headsup". The composite def calculates 9/1 = 900%, so it's mixing values from different game sizes. What can I do about that?

I'm glad you found a workaround but I still need to look into why it's mixing. Where did you see the mixed result? In the test or in an actual popup/hud?

zamb3zi
07-30-2013, 10:03 AM
I'm not clear on this. Were you trying to filter for an actual range? If not, you didn't need to do anything on the pre flop->holdem cards screen at all. Leaving everything blank means it won't attempt to filter.

I don't want to filter on a particular range, but if I select all hands then it will include hands where the recipient didn't show their hand. I only want the note if they win the hand without a showdown and also choose to show their hand. It's seem like the only way to do that is the combination of "had to not showdown", "allow non shown down hands" and a specific range which is not 0% or 100% of hands. It was a fun hack right from the start. :-)

By the way, the reason I want definitions like this is to feed into a quite complex composite which I'm using to score opponents for table selection purposes. This kind of flashing behaviour doesn't have much effect on a hand in play, but it does represent the kind of player I would like to play against.

I'm glad you found a workaround but I still need to look into why it's mixing. Where did you see the mixed result? In the test or in an actual popup/hud?

It was in the composite test. I compared it with the Tools -> Player Notes results to see how it was calculating 9/1. If you want, I can try to package the defs and hand histories to show you?

zamb3zi
07-30-2013, 10:54 AM
So, I tried to remove the partitions and recreate the problem to show you but it seems to be working now. I suppose the note generation was in some inconsistent state before. I'll let you know if I can figure out how to reproduce it.

zamb3zi
07-30-2013, 11:12 AM
So I'm seeing the problem for this player "AGGRO666" in the attached hand histories.
"Flash" is the instance def, "WonHandNoSD" is the opportunity def and "Flasher" is the composite.
The result should be 3/25 in medium games and 0/1 in full games. The composite test and analysis both show 3/1 = 300%.
For some reason, the player who was showing the problem before is no longer showing it, so it may not be 100% reproducible.

zamb3zi
07-30-2013, 01:13 PM
Then when I added the 2-10 partition back to the defs and went through pending tasks to regenerate the notes, I could see a mixture of custom and medium game notes for this player and mixed results in the composite. Resetting all notes and regenerating cleared the problem.

sreticentv
07-30-2013, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the details. I can see that the problem with the "test" is that it won't know which game to take the stats from so it could cause the problem. In an actual game though HEM tells NC what the game type/size is so it wouldn't be too big of a problem. That said, I will try to make sure the data that is used in test is consistent.

zamb3zi
07-30-2013, 09:35 PM
I assume the testing mechanism is the same one used in colouring pokerstars notes since no game type is available? That's the critical path for this particular note of mine. Thanks for your help.