PDA

View Full Version : Number of hands in database

fizzypants
02-11-2011, 03:58 AM
Hello,

I followed the instructions in this thread:

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/115/Check+Total+Amount+of+Hands+in+Database+

to find out the number of hands in my database.

However, after Step 4, the screen I see is not the same as shown on this FAQ. It doesn't show any number and the box on top-left shows some other message. Can someone help? Here's the screenshot:

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting (http://img600.imageshack.us/i/82714913.png/)

Thanks in advance.

The Minder
02-11-2011, 04:02 AM
Hello,

I followed the instructions in this thread:

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/115/Check+Total+Amount+of+Hands+in+Database+

to find out the number of hands in my database.

However, after Step 4, the screen I see is not the same as shown on this FAQ. It doesn't show any number and the box on top-left shows some other message. Can someone help? Here's the screenshot:

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting (http://img600.imageshack.us/i/82714913.png/)

Thanks in advance.
From the looks of the data in that image, I think you just trashed your database... better do nothing till a support person gets here.

fizzypants
02-11-2011, 04:08 AM
From the looks of the data in that image, I think you just trashed your database... better do nothing till a support person gets here.

Jeez. Well, I have been trying all day to purchase Omaha Manager in addition with the Holdem Manager, and in the process, deactivated/activated my license several times until I figured out how to make HEM and Omaha Manager work together. I am afraid if that has caused my database to collapse?

But are you sure, because I see all my stats/reports/etc in HEM still?

netsrak
02-11-2011, 04:49 AM
Did you run the query from your screenshot?
I hope not as it would create a new empty database. You need to delete the commands in the editor window and enter "select count(*) from pokerhands"

But as you can still see all your data i don't think you have damaged your database.

fizzypants
02-11-2011, 05:09 AM
Did you run the query from your screenshot?
I hope not as it would create a new empty database. You need to delete the commands in the editor window and enter "select count(*) from pokerhands"

But as you can still see all your data i don't think you have damaged your database.

Databases>holdemmanager Tools>query tool

New window opens (as shown in my screenshot)

When I tried to close that window. It said "TEXT HAS CHANGED. DO YOU WANT TO SAVE THE CHANGES" I select No.

Try the same thing again, same result.

Not sure what's up :(

netsrak
02-11-2011, 12:55 PM
You need to overwrite the text and not to close the window.

If you have problems with this please have a look in the postgresql help or documentation.

fizzypants
02-11-2011, 02:47 PM
You need to overwrite the text and not to close the window.

If you have problems with this please have a look in the postgresql help or documentation.

What do you mean by "overwrite the text"? No idea :(

Patvs
02-12-2011, 03:08 AM
Delete whatever text is shown by default in the query window.
And only adding the hand count query, so it will look like:

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/images/how-many-hands-02.jpg

fizzypants
02-12-2011, 03:34 AM
I could only overwrite the text in the top-left box. I could not add any digits under "data output". Then I tried closing it and it asked me to save it, and a notepad file got saved to my desktop containing the same text which I wrote. Then I re-opened the Query in postgres, and the text has returned to the default one and whatever I wrote is not there.

Patvs
02-12-2011, 04:00 AM
Only change the text in the top left window.
And click F5 (refresh)

And the output (bottom window) should show the #hands count.

fizzypants
02-12-2011, 04:08 AM
Only change the text in the top left window.
And click F5 (refresh)

And the output (bottom window) should show the #hands count.

Thanks, that worked. But when I restart it, the original text comes back. Why is that?

Sarek
02-12-2011, 06:26 AM
you have to save querry - and load it when need
press Diskette button

fizzypants
02-12-2011, 06:35 AM
you have to save querry - and load it when need
press Diskette button

Saving query saves a notepad file "query.sql" on desktop thats all. Do I have to keep this file on my desktop and load it everytime I need to see the number of hands? Moreover, how do I load the query.sql notepad file?

Also, where is the Diskette button and what do I need it for?

Patvs
02-13-2011, 01:50 AM
Just save the line:
Select Count(*) from pokerhands in a text file. And always change the default query (by copy pasting that line into the query window).
You're only going to run this query once a year anyways right? Not daily?

fizzypants
02-13-2011, 02:37 AM
Just save the line:
Select Count(*) from pokerhands in a text file. And always change the default query (by copy pasting that line into the query window).
You're only going to run this query once a year anyways right? Not daily?

Right lol. Thanks a lot :)