PDA

View Full Version : PLAYERS/Players Summary issue

fizzypants
02-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Hello,

I recently purchased 200k hands for $1/$2 NL 6 max Holdem from PTR and imported them to HEM without any problems.

The number in the bracket next to players shot up from a few hundred to 18274 players which means my database has stats on 18274 players now.

However, when I click "RUN REPORT", the max number of players it has been able to show the report run on is 4463. I have set all the filters on the side correctly as follows:

-Cash games NL Holdem
-All stakes
-Players : 2 to 10
-Date : Jan 2007 to Feb 2011
-Min hands : 1
-VPIP : 0 to 100
-Only show players playing now : Unchecked
-All poker sites
-Report : Default stats

I think the above filter covers all the 18274 players in my database so I don't see why the report is run only on 4463 players?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Patvs
02-11-2011, 03:00 AM
Which report are you running?

There should be players in the PTR hands, on which you actually have 0 hands.
For example, for all the hands, a player was sitting out. His name will be listed in the handhistory file, but he was never dealt any cards.

fizzypants
02-11-2011, 03:15 AM
Which report are you running?

There should be players in the PTR hands, on which you actually have 0 hands.
For example, for all the hands, a player was sitting out. His name will be listed in the handhistory file, but he was never dealt any cards.

PLAYERS tab on the left>>>Report : Default stats>> Run Report

Although what you are saying is possible, do you think 14k out of 18k players have 0 hands on them? Because I only see ~4k players when I run the report

Patvs
02-11-2011, 03:40 AM
You have 4k players when running the "1 hand report"
How many players (out of the 18.274) show up if you run a realistic report:
For example min hands = 100

fizzypants
02-11-2011, 04:05 AM
You have 4k players when running the "1 hand report"
How many players (out of the 18.274) show up if you run a realistic report:
For example min hands = 100

1252 lol :eek:

I put the minimum as 1 hand to maximize the number of players I could see the report of...I figured it should have been 18274, but it's just ~4k max :(

EDIT: Oh, I just updated my HEM version to the latest and now 6163 players are being shown out of 18694 (minimum hands: 1)

Is it possible my database is corrupted or something? Because I can't see the total number of hands in my database either (My thread: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/42662-number-hands-database.html)

Thanks again :)

Patvs
02-12-2011, 03:05 AM
Try creating a new database, reimporting all the hands.

Note the reports isn't build to run a report on min hand = 1 just to see how many players are in your database.
I have 400.000 players in my database. I can't see ANY results if I run a min hand = 1 report.

There might be a limit to the #players it can show. Which is the reason it's only showing 6k players for you.

fizzypants
02-12-2011, 03:28 AM
Try creating a new database, reimporting all the hands.

Note the reports isn't build to run a report on min hand = 1 just to see how many players are in your database.
I have 400.000 players in my database. I can't see ANY results if I run a min hand = 1 report.

There might be a limit to the #players it can show. Which is the reason it's only showing 6k players for you.

Ok but where do I get all the hands again to import to the new database? They're already imported by HEM and only exist in this database which if destroyed will leave me with 0 hands to import.

Patvs
02-12-2011, 03:59 AM
Reimport your C:HMArchive folder + wherever you saved the purchased handhistories in their .txt formatting.

fizzypants
02-12-2011, 04:04 AM
Reimport your C:HMArchive folder + wherever you saved the purchased handhistories in their .txt formatting.

you mean copy paste the HMArchive to a folder on my desktop (to import later) and delete them from HMArchive afterwards?

Sarek
02-12-2011, 06:29 AM
why Copy\paste?
simply press Import from folder and set C:\hmarchive as a target

fizzypants
02-12-2011, 06:39 AM
why Copy\paste?
simply press Import from folder and set C:\hmarchive as a target

My bad. I thought the HMArchive folder gets perished if I destroy the database to create a new database. The hands will remain there forever I guess since it's a complete separate folder :)