PDA

View Full Version : PT Database

duaner
11-16-2008, 03:01 PM
I was wondering if it was possible to use the same database as the poker tracker one ? Perhaps with some view added or managing some trigger ?

Thx
Renaud

Al1
11-16-2008, 03:17 PM
I was wondering if it was possible to use the same database as the poker tracker one ? Perhaps with some view added or managing some trigger ?

Thx
Renaud

No you can't.

What was your old PT? 2 or 3?

duaner
11-21-2008, 03:55 PM
It poker tracker 3 and I'm using both PT and HM at the same time. That why I just want one to download the hands.

morny
11-21-2008, 10:09 PM
There 2 completely different database structures so this wouldnt work. You could set one of them to import but not move processed files and when your finished with one then close that and get the other one to import although that may have some problems too simply because theyre not meant to run concurrently

duaner
11-22-2008, 11:02 AM
Sorry, I'm a little confused. May I run both at the same time ? Or at least use one , close it and then use the other ?

Renaud

morny
11-22-2008, 12:54 PM
You can use 2 if you want but it might cause problems, since they work differently and one moves files instantly after processing the other dosent it might be very confusing of which folders your importing and one tracker may move the hands before they get imported etc

So in short you can use 2 together, very likely to be confusing and cause problems or you can use 1 close it down and then import afterwards into the other tracker but it will also be confusing as youll need to set the latter tracker to import from the folder the 1st tracker moves processed files to and not the folder the site saves the hand historys to however if you set this up correctly it should work without problems.

TBH its much easier to just use one of them and not use the other tracker at all