PDA

View Full Version : Archiving questions

mrhobbeys
02-10-2011, 02:19 AM
I have a mess on my HD of hands from my laptop or other places I have played. I used to use the auto import to get the hands from various folders.

Now I want to know if using the Import from Folder function will archive my hands.

Further more what does HEM do with hands that are duplicates but not archived?

What does it do with hands that are duplicates that are archived?

I want to know that if I just import everything I will end up with a nice clean archive folder that does not contain unneeded duplicates. I also want to know that hands that are not currently archived will be.

Patvs
02-10-2011, 03:13 AM
Only Auto Import will archive your hands.
(and it'll only move the file to archive if the handhistory file has been unchanged for 30 minutes)

If duplicate hands exist in two different files (with a different file name) HoldemManager will still archive the file. But if you'd ever reimport it, it won't reimport the duplicate hand. A hand has a unique hand number and therefore will not appear twice in your database.

So you don't need to worry about duplicate hands in your archive.
For example: the hands you actually played + you purchased hands from PokerTableRatings (some hands already in your database) + you request all your handhistories from Full Tilt for that day (because your computer crashed and you missed a couple of hands)---> will lead to a lot of duplicate hands in the archive.

But if you ever reimport ALL those files, it won't mess up the database. HoldemManager will only import new hands, and simply skip the duplicate hands, even if both the new hands and duplicate hands are mixed in a brand new -never imported before- .txt file.