PDA

View Full Version : Skin resets upon each restart

terpbird
02-10-2011, 01:06 AM
Tried searching a bit...so I'm sorry if this has been covered or if I am missing an easy fix :o

Whenever I go into Options>Skin Designer and set the skin/font options to what I want, it resets when I shut down the program.

Any help?

Patvs
02-10-2011, 02:48 AM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. (or turn off Windows User Account Control completely and reboot)

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for these files, even if it is off.

Usually just giving HoldemManager.exe full super user administrator privileges fixes this. As Windows blocks every unknown program that tries to make changes to files written to any the Program Files(x86) subfolders.

terpbird
02-10-2011, 09:30 AM

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. (or turn off Windows User Account Control completely and reboot)

Usually just giving HoldemManager.exe full super user administrator privileges fixes this. As Windows blocks every unknown program that tries to make changes to files written to any the Program Files(x86) subfolders.

My system is running: Windows 7, ZoneAlarm, and Avast Anti-Virus.

Thanks for the helpful response....I will set these to run as administrator when I get home and see if that fixes the issue.

I'll let you know how it goes later tonight.

terpbird
02-10-2011, 07:37 PM

Well, I have done all you asked but with no luck... every time I reset Holdem Manager it reverts to the default skin and default HUD settings.

Patvs
02-11-2011, 01:19 AM
I'll write a bug report for this.
I was able to duplicate it myself.
It indeed doesn't seem to save the settings.

Note: you're the first HoldemManager user to actually use the Options--> Skin Designer.