PDA

View Full Version : HM freezes system on startup

longeasy
11-16-2008, 07:20 AM
Hi everybody,

just since recently I've got a problem with holdem manager. When I start the application the "initializing database" window shows up for a few seconds, disappears and then the whole system is stuck and I need to reboot. HM was running fine on the system (WinXP Pro SP2 in a VMWare) before. I'm not sure, it might be since the online activation that the problem occurs. Do you have any idea what's happening there? Is there an error log somewhere, that I could use to track down the error?

I already un- and reinstalled HM as well as Postgre-SQL.

Regards
longeasy

Al1
11-16-2008, 08:12 AM
Hi everybody,

just since recently I've got a problem with holdem manager. When I start the application the "initializing database" window shows up for a few seconds, disappears and then the whole system is stuck and I need to reboot. HM was running fine on the system (WinXP Pro SP2 in a VMWare) before. I'm not sure, it might be since the online activation that the problem occurs. Do you have any idea what's happening there? Is there an error log somewhere, that I could use to track down the error?

Regards
longeasy

Have you deleted the RVG software directory between you uninstall/reinstall of HM?

(FIRST: Save "Config")
Try one more time with the deletion of RVG software.

longeasy
11-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Unfortunately that didn't change anything. Even tried without the config folder, too. HM still freezes the system on startup.

Al1
11-16-2008, 12:26 PM
Unfortunately that didn't change anything. Even tried without the config folder, too. HM still freezes the system on startup.

Escalated to Morny (Support), he will answere you shortly.

Rvg72
11-16-2008, 12:33 PM
Hi everybody,

Regards
longeasy

Can you try manually running dbcontrolpanel.exe and see if that launched correctly and allows you to see the database names in your database.

Roy

longeasy
11-16-2008, 02:10 PM
Same problem there, system freezes some seconds after starting the application.

Thanks for your quick replies!

longeasy
11-16-2008, 03:24 PM
Update: Reinstalled the .NET framework and now HM is running again :)

No idea how it got f***** up, anyway, thanks for your help!

Al1
11-16-2008, 03:25 PM
Update: Reinstalled the .NET framework and now HM is running again :)

No idea how it got f***** up, anyway, thanks for your help!

Hey this was the next step we will suggest to you! :)