PDA

View Full Version : new computer

leoslayer
02-08-2011, 11:19 AM
ok did i screw up? i backed up my data base using hem backup not pgadmin.

can i put a copy of that on a flash then on my new computer? then create the database under file backup&restore restore? or do i need to go back and back up using pgadmin 3?

also do i need to also export all my hands or will having the database copy be enough.

if i do need the hands can i just copy hem archive or do i need to go in and export all hands?

oh and since i backed up last night i figure i can just use that and then export any hands from today right?

thanks.

netsrak
02-08-2011, 02:54 PM
You can use the HM backup/restore function.

You can use the backup you created last night.

And there is no need to export your hands again. You should find them in the archive folder (default c:\hmarchive). Copy them to your new computer and after restoring the backup import the hands which are not in your backup.

leoslayer
02-08-2011, 02:59 PM
ok so just to be clear all my hands will move with the database from last nights back up point nothing extra to do?

Patvs
02-09-2011, 02:42 AM
Yes, in addition a backup/restore will restore:
all your hands
your bonus/rakeback info
notes
custom HUD
(even TableScanner settings)
etc.

Do also save/backup your old archive folder though, C:/HMArchive which contain the original handhistories.

leoslayer
02-10-2011, 02:40 PM
stuck on exporting only last 36 turny summaries. i highlighted them yellow right clicked and there is not an export selected option. when i clicked export sum i got a folder 2010 and 2011 am i assuming wrong that it wants to send all of the to my flash?

Patvs
02-11-2011, 01:10 AM
If you export the summaries, HoldemManager gives you the option to choose a folder.

Default is probably the Archive folder (C:HMArchive), where you also see the 2010 and 2011 subfolders.