PDA

View Full Version : Activation problem

farik76
02-08-2011, 03:44 AM
Hi there!

I used Holdem manager for almost a year now. But today I'm having problem with it, because it shows me I should activate. But online activation doesn't work and it shows me the following window:

"Could not activate license at server. The request failed with HTTP status 417: Expectation failed.""

What should I do? Are the HM servers down?

Please, help.

netsrak
02-08-2011, 04:38 AM
The HM servers will be down for an hour later today but at the moment they are running.

Please reboot your computer and try again.
Are you behind a proxy or something similar like wingate?

farik76
02-08-2011, 05:15 AM
Hi netsrak!

Thank you for your quick reply.

I did everything you wrote, but it still doesn't work. I don't use any proxy. HM worked yesterday, but today it doesn't.

Please, help.

Sarek
02-08-2011, 05:39 AM
1) Open your Internet Explorer and go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Connections and click on "LAN-Settings" at the bottom.
2) Uncheck every box in the small new menu and click ok.
3) Try to register HM again.
If that doesn't work try to enable the [x] Auto-Detect option and try again.
If you continue to have registration issues, please send your Reg.log file from the C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Logs folder. If your Windows is hiding known file extensions the file will simply be called 'reg'.

farik76
02-08-2011, 08:08 AM
Dear Sarek,

I did everything you said. Didn't work. Please, find attached the Reg.log file.
Hope it helps.

Regards

farik76
02-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Hi there!

As soon as I arrived at home the activation worked. Could that be a problem with the work server?

Patvs
02-09-2011, 02:00 AM
Is the work server behind an external firewall, or external proxy, or using a VPN-client? That could prevent a connection being made to the license server.

Also read: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: I Can't Activate & Register Holdem Manager (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/24/ICan%27tActivate%26RegisterHoldemManager)

Syndrome1977
02-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Hi,

I got a problem too with the activation process.
I am using the manager 2 years without a problem...since yesterday it has to be reactivated. I I try the message occurs:

`No more activations allowed. You must first deactivate the Software from the original machine before attempting to activate again`.

I have no more Computers than my Desktop and my Laptop. The Laptop doesn’t need to be reactivated, the Desktop fails.

If I check the Site: holdemmanager.com and login to my details I see one activation license which is active. If I click on the Reset-Button, nothing happens, the license is active after that.
Is it possible that someone other steal my license and which is the reason that I cannot reset?

Please help me fast

netsrak
02-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Please send the file reg.log (default path c:\program files(X86)\rvg software\holdemmanager\logs depending on your windows installation) with link to this thread and explanation to support@holdemmanager.com

sfetaz
02-15-2011, 01:19 AM
I also have a problem with the deactivation page. It acts like it does nothing, but there is Error message in IE:

Line: 669
Character: 9
Error: Access is Denied
Code: 0
URLs: https://www.holdemmanager.com/store/myAccount.php

This is what I get when I click "Reset all profiles" on the registration page.

RDB
02-15-2011, 08:30 AM
Some users have had this problem with internet explorer but have had success using a different browser such as Google chrome.