PDA

View Full Version : Fatal: 28000

poppa99
02-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Hi I just purchased Holdem Manager Small Stakes version today, and when i tried to log in for the first time it came up with this message:

The following error occurred when trying to open the database: FATAL: 28000: password authentication failed for user "postgres"

and i am unable to open the program. I had been using Holdem manager on the 15 day free trial prior to this last year and already had holdem manager installed on my computer.
I am not sure what to do, so any help would be appreciated.

poppa99
02-07-2011, 03:24 PM
*edit
When i click ok at this point, it then takes me to a datbase control panel, where it reads:

"holdem manager needs to know where to find the database. Please enter in the details below and click on connect"

This has options for server name, port number, login name and password which are all already filled in. When i click on connect i just get the message:

"The username and/or password was incorrect. Would you like to have holdem manager configure the database to accept this login and password?"

and when i click yes to this and then connect again i just get the same message. Not great with computers so i am really stuck here!

Hope this makes sense to someone?

olliepower
02-07-2011, 09:36 PM
1) Go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.x\data, move the pg_hba file to your Desktop and open it with notepad.
2) Scroll to the bottom and change all md5 to trust. Save and close the file.
3) Move the file back to the data folder.
4) Restart the PostgreSQL service: Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services

HM will accept any password now.

poppa99
02-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Hi thanks for the reply. I have tried to do this already and when i go to save the file it is coming up with the following message:

Cannot create the C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\data\pg_hba.conf file
Make sure that path and file name are correct.

poppa99
02-07-2011, 10:56 PM
So I am still stuck as what to do??

Patvs
02-08-2011, 02:19 AM
If you can't create (or edit) files in PostgreSQL subfolders, your computer doesn't have full super user administrator privileges.

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Or turn off Windows User Account Control completely and reboot (recommended).
Control Panel--> User Settings--> User Account Control.

poppa99
02-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Hi thanks for the reply again.

I am running Windows Vista OS and have Norton 360 Anti-Virus software, and am running there firewall (Windows defender is turned off).

I have followed the steps and set those files to "run as admin" from the compatibility tab.
I have not changed the user acount control.

I now have a few queries.

1) When i turned on my laptop this evening, there were two user account options to log in to on (I just have the one user account on here). One being my normal account, and the second now being under the name "postgres" set as a standard user. I am not sure why it has done this?? I guess this is not normal??

2) After changing the above settings i was able to log in to Holdem Manager using the password dbpass, although when i did i was greeted with the following message:

The following error occurred when trying to open the database: FATAL: 3D000: database "xxxxxxx Hand Histories" does not exist.

I clicked ok, and am now at the database control panel which has the heading "database management". In the Databases box it just has "Holdem Manager" and then four options on the side which are, "Set as Default" "Export Hands" "Optimize" and "Create New Database" I havent clicked on anything yet, and this is as far as i have got. Does this sound right??

morny
02-08-2011, 06:36 PM
1) See this for the solution to that

Remove User Accounts From the Logon Screen in Windows Vista - How-To Geek (http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/remove-user-accounts-from-the-logon-screen-in-windows-vista/)

2) This is normal its just it didnt detect any default database, either select a database and choose "use as default" or if there is none listed click create new database and once you do that click start Holdem Manager

poppa99
02-08-2011, 08:57 PM
Thankyou, I am now in the main Holdem Manager screen, and it seems to be importing ok at the moment and the hud is working.

The only other question I had is when i have gone to delete the user account "postgres" it asks if i want to keep the postgres files? And has the following message:

Before you delete postgres's account, Windows can automatically save the contents of postgres's desktop and documents, favourites, music, pictures and videos folders to a new folder called 'postgres' on your desktop. However, Windows cannot save the postgres's e-mail messages and other settings.

Then the options are "delete files" "keep file" "cancel".

Would it be advisable to delete this, or will this mess everything up?

Patvs
02-09-2011, 01:26 AM
Don't delete anything postgres related, but only use the registry hack to HIDE it, so it won't show up at startup.