PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre, HEM Replayer + Blue Screen of Death

RiverRock55
02-07-2011, 11:56 AM
Having a really wierd problem with one paticular part of the HEM replayer.

Specifically, When I am in the HEM replayer and go to make a note on a player the note taking box opens fine. However if I go to color code the player and click on the little box that opens to show the different colors and characters you code people by, about 2 to 5 seconds after I have this box open I get the bluescreen of death and my computer shuts down. It reboots normally and seems to work fine.

My computer is in good working order and thought it was odd when I got the bluescreen this morning. I rebooted and continue what I was doing and I got it again doing the exact same thing, color coding the same guy in the same hand because I didn't finish the first time obv. I rebooted again and decided to not replay this hand again and tried it on another hand from the same session and the exact same thing happened again.

Also, I don't take notes ingame so don't know if this is a problem with the HUD notetaker at all tables or just in the replayer.

Obv I can live without this feature for the next while but still consider this a serious and bizarre problem.

I running windows vista home premium and am using HEM 1.11.05e

The Minder
02-07-2011, 07:51 PM
The support folks might have some different ideas, but in my experience BSODs generally result from a hardware issue and most that I have dealt with came from a problem in the graphics card and/or the graphics subsystem. I would suggest updating to the latest drivers for your graphics card.

RiverRock55
02-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Thanks,

I will try updating my graphics drivers like you suggest. It's funny you mentioned it because in the 4-5 seconds I do open the "color code selection" box my screen goes a little wonky and colors get a little distored and the the BSOD comes on. So it sounds like you may be correct.

The Minder
02-08-2011, 03:18 AM
Ahhh... the wonky screen syndrome... a dead giveaway :)

Hope you get it sorted out m8.