PDA

View Full Version : HUD not working on Stars

Steve5285
02-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Hey there,

my HUD is going crazy on CG tables since I updated to 1.11.06.
At some table i get no HUD, at others it is working and stopping after a couple of hands, and at some tables it is working fine.
I read a lot here in forum, but the release which should fix hud-probs isnīt for win XP right?
Anything I can do??

Import is fine btw

Daniel
02-07-2011, 04:29 PM
+1

if I use the tablefinder, the table is in the list. If I select the right number of players, I get 0/0/0/0 stats that won't change

mkmnyc
02-08-2011, 12:41 AM
I am getting intermittent stats in a cash game on PS, I have 1.11.06 although I am not sure if I have a. While my hands appear to be importing I am not getting data on all players and those that do have data do not seem to be updating. moreover, the table data is only updating if I minimize the table and then bring it back up again. I run Vista, and have done everything you suggested as far as running programs as admin and opening up my firewall.....updating....later that night everything was fine, but I hate to have to leave a table to get it to work.

Patvs
02-08-2011, 03:00 AM
Reinstall: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Hm_1.11.06a_Internal.exe

If that doesn't resolve it, reinstall using the 93 mb full installer @ http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Holdem_Manager_Setup.exe (save your custom HUD before you do this) and then don't upgrade to the pre-release, but stick to 1.1105e.

mkmnyc
02-08-2011, 03:06 AM
I'll give a a try, but I had even more problems with the 1.11.05 but I think I had d. Now I'm at a table and I've got no statistics at all, all zeros, I'll check in with you tomorrow after I try and reinstall.

mkmnyc
02-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Okay, ran 6a, data is showing up for the players but it does not update nor show mucked cards unless I minimize and then restore the window. I'm not anxious to go back to 5 however as I had significant issues with it. Only two more days of my trial and while I like the look, functionality and ease of use, it has never worked properly.

mkmnyc
02-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Ok, went back to 5 and now it is not importing hand histories.

mkmnyc
02-08-2011, 09:06 PM
Now its importing hands, but I'm getting nothing on the hud, just a bunch of lines with no data, no mucked hands

mkmnyc
02-09-2011, 12:40 AM
This fixed my problems so far: a total of 6 files must be set to "allow" in the manage firewall\ firewall settings section of Norton 360.

C:\Program Files (x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\DBControlPanel.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\HMHud.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\HoldemManager.ex
C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgresSQL\8.3\bin\pg_ctl.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Leak Buster Updater.exe

I will keep you posted but for now this seems to have fixed things.

Are there other .exe files for example for other add-ons that may need similar permission do you think? For example someone is having problems with Table Finder, does that need to be permissioned as well?:)

Patvs
02-09-2011, 01:28 AM
Edit: TableFinder / TableManager are hmhud.exe

You don't have to add other .exe files.

mkmnyc
02-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Well after two weeks of trying to get HEM to work, I'm giving up and going back to PT3, tech supports only solution to my issues seems to be uninstall Norton 360 which is not going to happen. I pay an annual subscription to Norton and also receive insurance from them should their defenses fail, and my PC is backed up daily to their site. The conspiracy theorist in me has to wonder if it is mining my data.

As interesting as the program looks I just don't understand why I have been able to run PT with Norton for years with no problems while looking at the threads the HEM issue with firewalls seems to have persisted for at least 2 years.

Well HEM if you ever get this fixed let me know, but for now I'm back to Poker Tracker.

EGeller
02-09-2011, 02:06 PM
i can't get my hud to work on stars, it worked yesterday. help anyone?

The Minder
02-09-2011, 07:43 PM
i can't get my hud to work on stars, it worked yesterday. help anyone?
It's polite to start your own thread if you have a problem.

Patvs
02-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Well after two weeks of trying to get HEM to work, I'm giving up and going back to PT3, tech supports only solution to my issues seems to be uninstall Norton 360 which is not going to happen. I pay an annual subscription to Norton and also receive insurance from them should their defenses fail, and my PC is backed up daily to their site. The conspiracy theorist in me has to wonder if it is mining my data.

As interesting as the program looks I just don't understand why I have been able to run PT with Norton for years with no problems while looking at the threads the HEM issue with firewalls seems to have persisted for at least 2 years.

Well HEM if you ever get this fixed let me know, but for now I'm back to Poker Tracker.

Is your Vista updated to Service Pack 2?
Run you a manual Windows Update and check if you can install any .net framework updates? (those aren't installed by the Windows auto-update since they're optional to install)

mkmnyc
02-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Is your Vista updated to Service Pack 2?
Run you a manual Windows Update and check if you can install any .net framework updates? (those aren't installed by the Windows auto-update since they're optional to install)

I'll check but meanwhile, one of your associates suggested I may be having conflicts with a previous install of postgres, so on another computer I removed postgres and installed with HEM, I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again.

mkmnyc
02-10-2011, 04:54 PM
no prob on 2nd machine with clean postgres install, but it runs XP, interesting I had no problems with Norton 360 even without "allow"ing exe files. Vista is totally updated, I will try on that machine tomorrow, that machine however the original 15 day trial ended today.

Patvs
02-11-2011, 01:07 AM
If you email sales@holdemmanager.com, request a temporary key, giving you an additional 15 days.

Try to install a different version of PostgreSQL on a different port (or reinstall the old installation)