PDA

View Full Version : leakbuster hud issue

hu1911
02-06-2011, 03:17 PM
This seemed to fit here better than the leakbuster forum but please delete or move this if it seems better fitted for that forum.

I have just imported the leakbuster hud for use on FullTilt. Everything seems fine except it seems to be adjusting colors for sample size even though that box isn't checked. I tried checking that box opening the hand reviewer and then unchecking it and trying again without any success. The dimmed colors are very difficult to see.

I made other adjustments to the hud without difficulty, changing the display background, the dark blue color to a lighter blue, text size, and added a stat.

Any suggestions how to have the colors stay at one tint and level of brightness?

Thanks,
Hu

netsrak
02-07-2011, 06:49 AM
Are you sure you changed the seating in the Hud configuration which is active at the tables?

Can it be caused by Color Ranges for the stats?

Please post screenshots of the definitions and a table.

hu1911
02-08-2011, 12:07 AM
Are you sure you changed the seating in the Hud configuration which is active at the tables?

Can it be caused by Color Ranges for the stats?

Please post screenshots of the definitions and a table.

Hopefully these attachments will work. Very new to Windows 7 and this is my first try using the snipping tool. The attachment is a little small since I didn't want to post other player's names and information. However note the red letters. Some you can barely see and some are normal brightness. This is what is happening with all colors. The lighter than standard shade of blue is a change I made, nothing to do with the issue. I also added the white handcount stat to the bottom row.

Under the player preferences stats I made sure that adjust color for sample size isn't checked. Under appearance none of the boxes are checked. I do have multiple hud configurations but I have verified that all other configurations are each set to a differenrt single site I don't actually play at. The LeakBuster Full Ring configuration is set to be used at any site and for any game. I don't see anything under seating to change to help this. That could indeed be the problem that another setting somewhere else is where the issue is at. One other tweak I did is went to nonstandard size text, verdana 8 instead of 9.

Apparently I am limited to two attachments so I'll add the third to the next post.

Hu

hu1911
02-08-2011, 12:09 AM
appearance snip

Patvs
02-08-2011, 02:57 AM
Most likely in your colour coding, you used different shades of red.

The bright red = actual red.
The dimmed red = a darker shade.

(with the same problem with the bright vs dimmed green)

hu1911
02-08-2011, 01:08 PM
Most likely in your colour coding, you used different shades of red.

The bright red = actual red.
The dimmed red = a darker shade.

(with the same problem with the bright vs dimmed green)

I'll check that the colors are the same. However I am pretty sure that they are changing with sample size. This is the standard Holdem Manager LeakBuster config with only small modifications. I didn't build it from scratch. All colors are both light and dark in some samples and vary from player to player. "Hero" is the small blind in this capture. While we can have individual settings for the hero or all the other players I don't know of any way to have individual settings for each "villian". Looking at the first stat in the second row you can clearly see a difference in the brightness of the green when I have a sample size of over 100 on the Dealer and less than 100 on other players such as Under The Gun for example.

I hope this capture makes clearer that it is an issue with all colors. The red was just an example but I realize that the single player stats didn't make that plain. I'm learning the snip tool in Windows 7 too and didn't want to try any editing to hide villian names. Hopefully this larger snip shows the issue better. It seems to be that the colors are set to be changing due to sample size somewhere, I just don't know where. As my earlier capture shows it isn't set that way in the "stats" settings.

Thanks for your assistance,
Hu

hu1911
02-08-2011, 05:48 PM
I downloaded a Microsoft XML editor to look at the LeakBuster HUD Config file and seem to have found the problem.

Note that all VPIP stats are bright. The value for dim_sample for VPIP is false. For all other stat values it is true. It appears that I could go into the xml file and change this value for all stats to false and achieve my goal. However it would also seem that there should be a place to set this in the Hold'em Manager HUD Options. Is this a setting I can configure or is this something the software folks tweaked that I don't have direct access to?

This capture is from my xml editor showing the dim_sample values for VPIP and a couple of other stats.

Thanks for any assistance,

Hu

Edit: fixed the problem editing the xml file. I would still like to know if there is a simpler fix. Thanks to all, Hu

Patvs
02-09-2011, 01:17 AM
Maybe if you turn off: "adjust color for sample size" for ALL the stats in hud options--> player preferences?

hu1911
02-09-2011, 03:49 AM
Maybe if you turn off: "adjust color for sample size" for ALL the stats in hud options--> player preferences?

Yes, that would work just fine. I noticed that the area inside the white line said for VPIP but I didn't realize it changed to whichever stat was highlighted. I didn't make changes but a quick look through the stats in the default configuration showed that some were set to adjust color for sample size and some weren't. This was true of the stats for the LeakBuster config when I went through them in the config file.

Setting this in the window is far less aggravation and far safer than modifying the file by hand.

Thanks a Bunch!

Hu