PDA

View Full Version : Conection Error:

jogden139
11-15-2008, 04:03 PM
Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

this is my first time trying HM and after following all the installation constructions with the postgresql and hm software i get this message when i try to start it up

jogden139
11-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

[OK]

jogden139
11-15-2008, 05:01 PM
please help!!!

jogden139
11-16-2008, 06:57 AM
no support on weekends?

Al1
11-16-2008, 08:02 AM
no support on weekends?

Support every day!
Try that:
http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=171

Nevertilt22
11-23-2008, 01:53 PM
If you delete all your files under admin. preferences(by right clicking the file and selecting preferences) then reinstall the DB.
This fix worked for me.The problem occurred when the database cannot recognize the encoding of the files because when I went to load the DB(aka database) initially and then went to finalize the database i selected the wrong driver database under Stackbuilder went prompted right after the postgre_SQl configuration setup.

I choose psqlODBC DB,
For psqlODBC support, please use the pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org mailing list.

I never contacted support i actually researched the problem myself and learned quite a few things about how these files correlate with different database configurations for a computer to make proper file transactions.

In summary,
After you configure your Postgre_SQl setup, and then prompted with stack builder setup try to
select psqlODBC under database selection to fix the file transfer configuration to be acceptable for the database system.

Ex)
The realistic example i could give you is it is almost like taking Euros and trying to pay for your groceries at Food Lion in the United States.
The Euro isn't the acceptable value for the economic system in the United States therefore "technically" then the computer rejects the data.

Thought i would save you some time, and I hope you see this post and it is helpful.
I am currently only using the trial version, but def would like to invest in this program. It's complex but worth it if people stick with it. You will see the results in being organized with the data and maintaining that edge on the competition.

Yours Truly,

Nevertilt22