PDA

View Full Version : Problems using Alias in 1.06.04 rc3

brizzology
11-15-2008, 12:39 PM
I was given version 1.06.04 rc3 in an attempt to fix another problem. Just wanted to let you know that there are problems with that release candidate...I'm going to install 1.06.03h to get things back to normal.

The problem I'm observing is that if I go to Cash Games > Reports and choose my Alias (which includes two screennames), HEM just spins indefinitely and doesn't return anything back. If I go to a graph, it will display the graph for a particular screenname, but won't display the graph for all aliases together -- instead, it re-displays the last graph I was viewing.

morny
11-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Is it the same for all names or just that alias? When you revert back to 1.06.03h does it return to normal?

brizzology
11-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Weird, I also notice that when I go to Sessions and pick a screenname, the hands display at the bottom, but the session info at the top does not display...until I click on something other than HEM, such as firefox or the desktop.

This is similar to the problem I was seeing with hand history sorting, which didn't occur properly until I move the mouse above the hand history box. I think you guys diagnosed that as a video driver problem. BTW, I recently upgraded to ATI Catalyst version 8.10.

morny
11-15-2008, 12:53 PM
Ok ill escalate this to Roy, hell respond asap

Rvg72
11-16-2008, 01:54 AM
Weird, I also notice that when I go to Sessions and pick a screenname, the hands display at the bottom, but the session info at the top does not display...until I click on something other than HEM, such as firefox or the desktop.

This is similar to the problem I was seeing with hand history sorting, which didn't occur properly until I move the mouse above the hand history box. I think you guys diagnosed that as a video driver problem. BTW, I recently upgraded to ATI Catalyst version 8.10.

Sounds like some kind of video card / driver / refresh issue... Was the problem happening before you updated your driver? I wonder if the new driver has some type of bug for your card? Or did you update in response to the issue?

Roy

brizzology
11-17-2008, 01:02 PM
This only started occurring after I installed the rc3 release. I haven't gotten a chance to revert back to the older version, to see if that fixes the problem...I'll try this out later and let you know.

I mention the video driver only because I saw a similar issue before, related to sorting hand histories and the time it took to refresh. For that issue, I believe you concluded that the video driver might have something to do with it. I think that installing the old version will help determine whether it's a video driver issue, or an issue with the release.