PDA

View Full Version : New error message

kcarney8
02-04-2011, 01:46 AM
I've never seen this before but am currently having the following issue, HEM is working my HUD is working however when trying to access anything cash related in HEM I get an error that says the following

The following error occurred when running this report: ERROR: 42P01: missing FROM-clause entry for table "td"

Now as I already said this is new and I have never had an issue like this. I have a couple of 100k cash hands in my database that I have always been able to access so I'm guessing that maybe some kind of Windows update caused the problem, other wise no idea. Running 1.11.05e, Windows 7 os, avast antivirus, any ideas?

kcarney8
02-04-2011, 01:50 AM
Well I missed it before but now I see some others are having the same issue, guess I'll just follow their threads until a fix is actually figured out as it seems what they are being told to do isn't exactly working yet.

Patvs
02-04-2011, 11:20 PM
Try creating a new empty database, reimporting your hands.

The error is the result of a corrupt table. You could try to reindex the entire database in pgadminIII. That might fix it. Otherwise you have to create a new database.

kcarney8
02-05-2011, 01:54 AM
The reindex did not work so I created a new database and once again got the same message. I did find this link though which if I'm reading it correctly is the correct way to do this? Actually having to basically do everything as opposed to a simple backup/restore?

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-bugs/37392-error-42p01-help.html#post191071

Also is there any chance you guys come out with somewhat of a "quick fix" for this in the not so distant future or am I really going to have to basically do everything all over again, quite possibly on two machines?

Sarek
02-05-2011, 07:06 AM
is your HM updated to the latest version?
and which Postgre version you use?

kcarney8
02-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Using 1.11.05e, and it looks like postgre is 8.4

Patvs
02-06-2011, 12:09 AM
Try to update SQL to 8.4.7 with the installer from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org)
Password during installation is: postgrespass

If it doesn't accept the password, delete the postgres user first. click on Start and go to Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt

* If you are on Vista, rightclick and choose "Run as Administrator".

A black box should appear. Type 'net user postgres /del' (without the quotes) and press enter.

The user is now deleted and you can (re)install PostgreSQL.

kcarney8
02-06-2011, 02:18 AM
I am using Windows 7 does this change anything? Also before doing anything to postgre am I going to have to back everything up or no it will all be there still?

Sarek
02-06-2011, 05:11 AM
under Vista (and Win7) you also have to set UAC = off
and when you deinstall Postgre, this don't delete database (folder "Postgresql\data"
you make a copy of it after uninstall
when you install Postgre again - set it to use old Data folder as database cluster. But this works with the same Postgres version installed
the best way is:
- uninstall posgtre
- kill windows "postgres" user (see above)
- go to ProgramFiles and find folder "PostgreSQL" (with only ...8.4\Data folder remained in it)
- move this PostgreSQL folder somewhere outside ProgramFiles. For example - in root of disk C
- when make new Postgre install (the same version) - do it in this folder (not in default). And use the same password as it was
- when asked about existing Data - confirm to use it

kcarney8
02-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Is there any chance I can get a teamviewer session for this, even though I have spent a decent amount of time working on HEM since having it I do not feel confident in doing any of this, as of now this is only an issue with cash games, I just can't risk somehow messing this up and leaving myself no HEM for my main games. It's happened too many times before and for a number of reasons I just can't risk it again. If not, that's fine I'll figure it out sooner or later.

Sarek
02-07-2011, 06:12 AM
to arrange TV session email support@holdemmanager.com with link to this thread

JH1
03-07-2011, 09:57 AM
Just an update on this error for anyone else getting it. I'm not sure what caused it or how I fixed it on my database but I'll give you the sequence:

I have separate cash game and tournament databases.
Yesterday I was playing the Sunday majors and was using some of the tourney filters (never used these before).
Today I switched it back to my cash database and started getting the error.
I tried the suggestion of changing the config files to config.corrupt forcing HEM to create new config files, no luck with that.
After switching databases back and forth and opening and closing HEM a bunch of times and reading something fozzy said about tourney vs cash currency I went to Filter > Clear in both the cash game and tourney sections of HEM.
Note that they both said "No Filter" prior to me clearing filters.
The error went away and my cash results came back.

marcowar
03-18-2011, 08:07 AM
After switching databases back and forth and opening and closing HEM a bunch of times and reading something fozzy said about tourney vs cash currency I went to Filter > Clear in both the cash game and tourney sections of HEM.
Note that they both said "No Filter" prior to me clearing filters.
The error went away and my cash results came back.

confirm this solution, after removing all the filters the error is gone.

blite
03-29-2011, 10:12 AM
confirm this solution, after removing all the filters the error is gone.

confirmed works

stobeh
04-17-2011, 03:41 AM
Confirmed, by clearing filters (even if they are set as "No Filter") you get the cash game results back!

OnMyBike
09-02-2012, 01:48 AM
Holy Bump Batman

Confirmed, problem still (!) exists, and the posted user fix still works.

I encountered the exact problem described (using 1.12.10b), had a heart attack, read the HEM-recommended solution, had another heart attack, then solved the problem the shortcut way. What a relief!! Karma bump for the next person along.

fozzy71
09-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Thank you for bumping this thread. I am discussing this with our support/testing team to see if anyone from our team is able to duplicate this. The workaround solution is fairly well known now among our support team but I don't think we ever found the actual cause or wrote a bug for the developers to investigate a proper solution that might stop it from happening.