PDA

View Full Version : A few questions from a newb

Tiltivator
02-03-2011, 12:14 PM
Hi

I think I have almost got holdem manager setup as I want it, but I have a few questions that I can't seem to find the answers to. If anyone can answer them or point me in the right direction as to where I can find the answers, I would be very grateful.

Hands Stat - What is this and how is it calculated? I assumed it was the number of hands a player had played but my numbers seem to jump all over the place rather than increasing by 1 each time a player plays a hand.

Aggression - How is this calculated? I get some players with inf as their stat?

Lifetime stats on HUD - Can I get my HUD to show a players lifetime stats rather than just from the session/table we're currently playing?

If this is possible...

HUD stats before sitting down - Is it possible to get the HUD to appear before sitting down or after sitting down but before playing a hand? At the minute, it doesn't appear until after I've played my first hand.

Is there any information on how best to use the reports to improve your game/fix leaks?

Is there any information on how best to setup and use your HUD and what all of the stats mean and how best to interpret them?

Apologies if all/any of the above are obvious or I should have been able to find them myself but I'm trying to set this up and teach myself how to use it, so there is a lot of info/learning all going on at once.

Regards
Tiltivator

Patvs
02-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Read: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Stat Definitions (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/95/Stat+Definitions)

Hands Stat - #hands, should increase by 1.
If both you and your opponent are multitabling and are sitting at the same tables, it'll jump by more than 1.

Agression factor is: (Bet/Raise) / Call.
Inf = infinite and means that opponents has never called, but always checks/folds or bets/raises.

HUD will always show LIFETIME stats on your opponents.
Note: it will NOT show lifetime stats on you, the hero. This is by design so you can track your table image at each table.

HUD stats before sitting down: hud options--> site options--> enable prefetch. (only works for Full Tilt, PokerStars)

Watch all tutorials @ FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Holdem Manager Video Library (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/374/HoldemManagerVideoLibrary)

Tiltivator
02-04-2011, 03:30 AM
Many Thanks.

Regards
Tiltivator

Tiltivator
02-04-2011, 07:49 AM
I've checked the prefetch option but it still doesn't bring up the stats when I open a table. Do I need to be sat at the table for it to work?

netsrak
02-04-2011, 09:14 AM
which site are you playing? which gametype?

Tiltivator
02-04-2011, 10:52 AM
I'm playing at Full Tilt, 6-max 2NL.

Regards
Tiltivator

Patvs
02-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Prefetch should work both when you observe a table... and when you sit at a table.

Besides enabling prefetch, also add the prefetch folder manually as an auto import folder.

Tiltivator
02-05-2011, 05:47 AM
Thanks for the help, I've added the prefetch folder to the auto import and the HUD now appears on open tables, however it doesn't have any info in it. There is a player at the table who I know I have a large number of hands against but the HUD is showing as 0 hands and dashes in the VPIP, PFR etc

Regards
Tiltivator

Sarek
02-05-2011, 06:34 AM
please try this http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Hm_1.11.06a.exe