PDA

View Full Version : UB.com / Absolute (Cereus) Rake Calculation

JPonline
02-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Hello :)

I am playing on UB.com, which is, like Absolute Poker, a part of the Cereus Network.

After I saw that there is a big difference between the "Rake paid" in HEM and what my Rakeback Affilate states, i did some "research". (which nowerday obviously means I used google :p )

I asked my Affilate if any Bonuses or similar were deducted from my MGR. Answer: no

It seems that the Cereus network calculates the rake a player is assigned to based on the "average contributed rake" method.
But HEM seems to calculate the Rake differently !?

I asked my Affilate for my personal "number of raked hands". This number matches the Number i have in HEM.

Just for you to get an idea of the numbers: (rounded)

Raked Hands HEM: about 12 500
Raked Hands Affilate: about 12 467

Rake paid HEM: 4700 USD
Rake paid Affilate 3700 USD

Thats a pretty big difference :eek:

Can you do something about it please ?

Or at least tell my what custom Stat/Report I could use !?

Kind Regards
Julius

EDIT:
Used HEM version: 1.11.05.e
Game Types NL100 + NL200 Sixmax Cashgames
Running Windows 7

Patvs
02-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Update to http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Hm_1.11.06-1.exe

Can you reimport your hands into a new empty database.

HoldemManager should already use the correct rake method for AB.
Are you playing a special type of game/tables, or can think of anything affecting your MGR (using points). Based on your bonusses, would the rake numbers make sense if your rakeback site was deducting bonus from MGR?

JPonline
02-03-2011, 11:02 PM
Hello,

thanks for your answer.

I added the missing information above. (I dont know why i forgot to mention it)

Used HEM version: 1.11.05.e
Game Types NL100 + NL200 Sixmax Cashgames
Running Windows 7

I am new with that rakeback site, and so I decided, to do absolutely nothing in the month of January, but t play.
I did not have/clear any bonuses or uses any points whatsoever. The Rakeback site confirmed to me, that there were no deductions from my MGR.
I also did not win any jackpots or similar. So I am 99% sure there is no reason for a deduction.

The strange thing is, that the number of raked hands is almost identical. (Might differ due to time zone differences)
So its either a deduction from my MGR, or HEM is calculating something wrong, or the rakeback site is calculating something wrong.

I have just updated to the version above. I created a new database and reimported all Hands from January.
The rake difference remains the same. Any thoughts ?

Kind Regards
Julius

netsrak
02-04-2011, 04:48 AM
Our rake calculation is based on the method the site uses so there should be such differences.
We sometimes get reports about wrong rake calculations but usually the affiliate uses a different calculation than we do.

I think we need to analyse the hands: Please zip and mail the original handhistory files (you find them in the HM archive folder or in the handhistory folder of your poker client) together with a link to this thread and an explanation of the problem to support@holdemmanager.net. We will then try to reproduce the problem.

JPonline
02-04-2011, 05:01 AM
Done.

Thanks in advance!