PDA

View Full Version : Problem importing in Stars

Spec
07-09-2013, 10:30 AM
I have Windows 7, HM 1.12.10b and all was working well last night. Nothing was changed or installed in the meantime.

This morning import started to have failures, some hands imported but most of them not (import errors).

This is what I did:
1. Checking the hands in hands TAB - only part of the played hands are there
2. I deleted all hands of today (not all but at least the ones visible)
3. No hands were shown for today
4. Imported again the files of today but HM reported all hands as duplicate
5. No hands were shown for today (again), despite point 4.
6. Renamed folder with the hands and retried point 4. and 5. Same result
7. Created a test empty database and imported hands there. All hands imported correclty
8. Exported all hands from the test database
9. Import those files. HM reported all as duplicate
10. Still no hands for today

There is no mistake in filters or whatsoever.

Any suggestion of additional things that I could try to solve this ? Database is big (my hands and datamined hands) so I'm trying to get a solution other that starting a new database and import everything again (that's an easy solution but not a real solution as it would prevent me from playing during several days).

Spec
07-09-2013, 06:10 PM
After my previous post I played about 2K hands and only 700 were imported. Rests were import errors.

So it's clear that, for some reason, HM is only import some of the hands. That's quite strange because Stars didn't have any update this night and yesterday all was working well (nothing new was installed in the PC and there was no windows update since yesterday).

Before playing the 2K hands I have shutdown the PC and restarted jut for the case, but problem subsist.

udbrky
07-09-2013, 06:35 PM
Please update to this version:

http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.13.01_04Jun2013.exe

If this persists, *Try creating a new UTF DB - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database
*Now import a small portion of your \HMArchive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB
*If the new DB seems to work properly, you will want to import the rest of your archives to the new DB, export/import the hands from the old DB to the new DB, and export/import any player notes and tourney summaries - and then delete the old DB.
*Make sure you export/backup everything before deleting the old DB - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/372/Reinstalling+on+a+new+PC+-+Backup+Tips

Spec
07-10-2013, 07:06 AM
Yes, creating a new database works well (as I said before).

When exporting hands I got following error.

What now ?

Patvs
07-10-2013, 09:52 AM
Run a import from folder on your archive folder, C:/HMArchive which has all the original handhistories.

Spec
07-11-2013, 09:49 AM
Not an option because of big database with lots of datamined hands which I don't have the files. Any other solution to solve the export problem ?

In the meantime I was trying to restore a database which I backup up in March. After hours processing, it was stopped with message in the end:
pg_restore: [custom archiver] out of memory
pg_restore: *** aborted because of error
(I have the complete log if needed)

Disk has 818Gb free out of 1.8T so it's not a question of disk space.

This is getting quite frustrating now:
1. For some reason HM is not importing all hands
2. HM is not exporting hands
3. HM is not restoring database

There's a limit on contigency plans that one can have. I spent endeless hours in December restarting everything from scratch because HM didn't convert (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/359251-timeout-during-db-update-after-installing-1-12-10b-update.html) from 1.12.09. Now, 6 month after, sounds I 'll have again serious problems...

udbrky
07-11-2013, 06:19 PM
1) Please close HM

2) Please open PGAdminIII

It is in the Start -> Postgres folder.

3) Enter your postgres password. The default password is typically postgrespass.

4) Open the databases.

5) Highlight your database.

6) Right click, click maintenance.

7) Run the vacuum and analyze and reindex functions.

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/88/Vacuum+Analyze+Database+

Please try again.

Spec
07-12-2013, 03:07 AM
Vacum cleaner ended with an error:
ERROR: could not read block 4665139 of relation base/147069/147120: Invalid argument

Analyse seems to have run well

Reindex ended with an error:

ERROR: could not read block 4665139 of relation base/147069/147120: Invalid argument

(same than vaccum and apparently same than teh print screen I left)

What other options ? If the solution is to recreate everything from zero, like 7 months ago (which took me endless days), then I'm done with HM and moving to another supplier.

netsrak
07-12-2013, 06:37 AM
This message comes from the postgresql database (which the other supplier uses too). It means that the database is damaged which is probably caused by a hardware failure or something like that.

You should run at least a chkdsk on your C: partition and a hardware diagnosis. For HM to workg again it is necessary to create a new database and reimport all your hands.