PDA

View Full Version : Open-raise <30% of effective stack

zamb3zi
07-09-2013, 06:33 AM
Hello, I am trying to create a definition for when the player attempts to induce by open raising <30% of the effective stack. I've set in the pre-flop General tab the effective stack range 0 to 12BB and I can set the Action Sequence for open-raising <30% of the player's stack but this is no good if say 15% of his stack is effectively all-in against a shorter stacked opponent. For example, heads-up hero has 5000 chips and villain has 1000. Hero opens for 900, this is an effective shove but I don't see how to detect that in the action sequence.
I know I could make this work by massively duplicating the definition for various effective stack ranges, but surely this should be do-able in a single action sequence?
Thanks a lot.

HossendeHaai
07-09-2013, 09:34 AM
You could start by also setting a minimum effective stack, say 4bb, as they are pretty irrelevant to your situation.

If think you can achieve what you want by using 'stack to pot ratio' in the action sequence and making 3 action sequences for al 3 possible actions (raise/call/fold) after the players raise, and then assinging the note to the opponent. Not 100% sure of this because I haven't tested it.

zamb3zi
07-10-2013, 04:45 AM
Ok eventually I think I've worked out that I can't use your 'stack to pot' idea because this seems to always be zero pre-flop. I know it's often defined only for the flop before any flop bet.

sreticentv
07-10-2013, 07:11 AM
There's not an option for raising % of effective stack since that's not something that is usually filtered by. You can accomplish this by doing a couple of ranges as you indicated. Sorry it's not easier but it is possible

zamb3zi
07-11-2013, 01:31 AM
There's not an option for raising % of effective stack since that's not something that is usually filtered by. You can accomplish this by doing a couple of ranges as you indicated. Sorry it's not easier but it is possible

Thanks for your reply, sorry for the long message but I may have run into a bug.

What I settled on was a single definition filtered by effective stack < 12BB (in the general tab). Pre-flop I set premium hands and I tried to make 3 different action sequences for different open raise sizes:
2-2.5BB, 2.5-3BB and 3-4BB. Each sequence requires:
no limp,
recipient raises the BB range and also <50% of their stack (inducing not shoving)
no calls from a small stack
no folds from a small stack
no raises from a small stack
The final 3 conditions seem to be required to exclude cases where the original open raise (for <50% of stack) is actually putting the opponent effectively allin. In that case it's a shove, not an inducing raise. The reason I wanted several sequences is that the definition of "small stack" depends on the size of the initial raise and the stack-to-pot ratio seems to always be 0 pre-flop. By the way this was a source of great confusion. The GUI probably shouldn't have this in the pre-flop tab if it can't be used?

Here's the problem: this works fine for a single action sequence covering, say 2-3BB open raise but if I have several action sequences of this type, only the first one works. It was my understanding that the sequences were independent and considered as a logical OR. All these headaches would go away if I could filter the raise proportional to effective stack.

You can see the problem with the attached def and hand history which includes a 3BB open raise. The note works if you edit the first action sequence to be 2-3BB open raise or if you delete it entirely so the second one will trigger.

Thanks for your help.

sreticentv
07-11-2013, 09:30 AM
You're right. Using 3+ action sequences breaks when using too many actions. It will be fixed in the next release. You can try the fix now if you want How to make sure you have the very latest NoteCaddy build - Assaultware Wiki (http://wiki.assaultware.com/How-to-make-sure-you-have-the-very-latest-NoteCaddy-build.ashx)

Thank you for the clear report and apologies for the inconvenience

zamb3zi
07-12-2013, 12:09 AM
Great, that's working for me now. Thanks. Also thank HossendeHaai for suggesting the "no small raise, fold or call" condition.