PDA

View Full Version : Don't even know where to start-so many problems & how did my license expire early?

Bastiat
07-08-2013, 03:02 PM
First of all, I have done everything in the first post here...
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/table-ninja-2/412141-tn2-troubleshooting-faq.html

I am sorry for being so blunt but this is just very frustrating and upsetting.

These problems all happened with 2.1.47 and 2.1.72 (except I am uncertain about the license issue)...they also happened with the PokerStars Black Theme and Tiltbuster No-Image Theme for Stars but I have only tried the Racetrack Theme on Full Tilt.

1) My license expired like 12 days early. It went from 12 days remaining to zero. However, TN2 is so bad that I might just use TN1 until it stops working. To be honest with you, TN2 has to be one of the most frustrating applications that I have used in many, many years.

2) I have tried every possible combination of Table Control settings (obviously including deselecting "Bring Mouse to Table in Foreground") and frequently TN2 will automatically move my mouse to a different table when there is action on this table. You should have a setting "Table Ninja should never move my mouse" and have it set by default. This would be plain and simple and I am shocked it is not there. Also, if you want to put this "move mouse on action" feature into place, then you should have a flashing circle or something (different options for an indicator would be nice) around the mouse so the player knows where their mouse went and then I and many other people might be interested in it.

3) You need to set up "advanced fold" on Full Tilt (and any supported site) and it should work but it doesn't. And, also like AA Check/Fold in TN1, TN2 should have a feature (ie, one hotkey) for Full Tilt (or w/e other site) that is advance fold, fold, or check whichever is applicable for the situation so if it is not your action, it will advanced fold and if it is you action, then it will fold and if you are in the big blind, then it will check. Maybe you are still working on this for Full Tilt, etc. I know there is AA Check/Fold in TN1 but can't open TN2 anymore (due to the license issue) to see what it is called now (but whatever it is, it didn't work on Full Tilt for me).

4) TN2 is not clicking "I'm Back" with any consistency on Stars and Full Tilt and if I don't manually click "I'm Back", then I will be sitting out for awhile on some tables (probably until I manually click "I'm Back"...I could not afford to wait and see if TN would eventually do it on its own but I did let it go 3 rounds of play and TN2 still had not clicked "I'm Back").

5) TN2 is auto-handling tournament registration on Full Tilt even though it is unchecked in TN2 and it doesn't do it on Stars. This is a real pain especially when trying to register more than one entry in a multiple entry tourney.

6) Your "popup table whenever action is required" doesn't work on either Stars or Full Tilt from what i can tell.

7) TN2 is deselecting the "auto rebuy" checkbox here and there on Stars. It has happened with a variety of different themes (PokerStars Black, Tiltbuster No Images, etc.).

8) and many, many more problems that I and others have encountered (but I have outlined all the major ones that I can remember) and last I had checked there has not been a non-beta update in well over a week and with all these problems and how much you are now charging, you should have an update pretty much every single day. Also, you guys should be doing all the testing and fixing and not need our help. You should hire testers who send you logs and these issues (especially ones that are using 2-3 monitor setups). I don't have time to send you logs, recreate issues, or whatever when I am playing on 20+ tables. You should not ask this of us. This is your problem not ours but you are making it ours.

Basically, I am (or would be) paying for an application that works and you are supposed to supply this and right now you are not and instead you are just supplying excuses about this and that and "please send us logs", etc. Your TN2 bugs have cost me money and I think it is ridiculous. Now I am wasting my time posting to you about all of this stuff that should be working. This software should have never been released. I think it needs many more months of work. You released HM2 way before it should have been, too. I couldn't even use HM2 until almost a couple of years after you released it because there were so many bugs. Is this going to be the same? I really want to use TN2 but you need to make a much, much higher priority out of testing and fixing it...on your own without our help or prodding. Just please make it work!

Thanks.

Sarek
07-09-2013, 05:48 AM
1) Please uninstall TN2 and install fresh 2.1.72 again.

2) This is docummented in bug ticket
HM-7105 TN2: mouse jumps to the table when is not set to do this
If you want to be notified when it is fixed \ implemented please send an email to hm2support@holdemmanager.com and include "Notify Me When XXXX Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

3) We have a ticket for this
HM-6992 TN2 AA Check/fold hotkey not working
But we need more info, so please reproduce issue, then go to TableNinja 2 > Setup and click the "Send logs to TableNinja" button.
Then send a copy of that ZIP file to support@tableninja.com to check it over for errors.
Also please send a screenshot of your desktop with a table and your HUD displayed.
See instructions How to make screenhot? Taking screenshots is fast and free. No software to download (http://www.iopus.com/guides/screenshot.htm)
Please send the screenshot even if you don't have a HUD or custom table theme. And note ticket # in email to easier find where to attach logs.

4) We are aware "Never sitout" do not works on Party, but on FTP and Stars I could not reproduce.
Please also send logs + screen for this (but in separate email)

5) To register one more time in multi-entry tourney, just press 'Lobby" button on the table - this will open tournament lobby, then press Register there (if avaiable) - TN will autohandle registration.
On Stars registration works OK, can't reproduce.

6) Popping up tables works under buils 2.1.72

7) Please explain "deselecting autorebuy" details and screens

8) Is practically impossible to test program in\with all combinations of hardware + software + customers way of using TN. And considering unlimited customer's fantasy - these combinations even can not be counted. So your logs will be very helpful to localize and fix issues you mentioned.

Bastiat
07-09-2013, 07:20 AM
I will look into the rest later but this one stood out...
5) To register one more time in multi-entry tourney, just press 'Lobby" button on the table - this will open tournament lobby, then press Register there (if avaiable) - TN will autohandle registration.
On Stars registration works OK, can't reproduce.

I think you misunderstood me. I have this off ("unchecked") in TN2 and want to have it off in both Full Tilt and Stars but it somehow seems to be on in Full Tilt and not in PokerStars so PokerStars seems to be working fine (I have it off in TN2 and that is the way it functions-it doesn't auto-handle registration in Stars) and so the bug is with Full Tilt only where it seems to be on for no apparent reason.

sideshow
07-09-2013, 11:50 AM
Hi,

I was able to reproduce your issue with TN2 auto handling tournament popup registrations. I have written up a ticket on this issue which is HM-7190 i have sent it to the developer to resolve. If you wish to be notified of when it is fixed please email support@tableninja.com with the subject as "Notify me when HM-7190 is resolved.

brbrbr
07-10-2013, 01:19 AM
To be honest with you, TN2 has to be one of the most frustrating applications that I have used in many, many years.

I agree with this.

sideshow
07-10-2013, 05:56 AM
Can you please explain where you are running into difficulty and we can assist you.

Bastiat
07-11-2013, 12:45 PM
I re-installed and it worked for awhile but now it says it is expired again (about a week+ before it actually should).

sideshow
07-11-2013, 12:46 PM
please PM me your email address and i will assign a trial code to your account

Bastiat
07-11-2013, 12:51 PM
sent...thanks

Bastiat
07-19-2013, 05:28 PM
#4 never sit out for tourneys...sent logs and screen prints...didn't work 100% of the time with Tiltbuster images theme in 2.1.88.0 (and would assume the same would happen with no-images Tiltbuster themes because it happened all the time before with a NI theme). Worked about 90% of the time with Stars Black theme but definitely left me sitting out.

Sarek
07-20-2013, 02:16 AM
I see your email, investigating log + screens

Bastiat
07-23-2013, 11:04 AM
Thanks

Sarek
07-23-2013, 03:41 PM
#4 never sit out for tourneys...sent logs and screen prints...didn't work 100% of the time with Tiltbuster images theme in 2.1.88.0 (and would assume the same would happen with no-images Tiltbuster themes because it happened all the time before with a NI theme). Worked about 90% of the time with Stars Black theme but definitely left me sitting out.

I tried many times, on different PCs:
SNG never sitout works 100% on Black theme, and on both TiltBuster themes supported by TN2.
The only thing\difference I noticed from screen you sent is: felt color is not default.

Bastiat
07-23-2013, 04:50 PM
Well maybe felt color and background has something to do with the issues with the Black theme (and I think it should be perfectly OK to use different backgrounds and felt colors)...I don't know how but you should check into it more because it definitely doesn't work 100% with mine. I sent the logs did they not tell you anything? It seemed like some time passed like 15-30 minutes before it started happening. Maybe that had something to do with it. This doesn't occur with TN1.

With the Tiltbuster Images theme I have, Raven, TN1 works perfectly and same with No Images Riviera but with TN2 Raven never worked and Riviera either never worked or the problem was very serious (I am no longer able to use Riviera because of a recent PokerStars update). I will use TN2 again with Raven and send you the logs.

Basically, when using TN1, I never have this issue with Black, Raven, or Riviera and as soon as I switch to TN1 from TN2 I am no longer ever sitting out. Please fix this. Thanks.

Sarek
07-24-2013, 01:44 AM
Ok, I will try to play a long session with many tables to catch "never sitout".
Your log gives some information, but main problem is - it is still NOT reproducible.
As you should understand, this is the worst case for eventual bug.

Regardling themes:
Both TN1 and TN2 do NOT support themes you mentioned. The fact they worked in TN1 is a simple coincidence.
"Closed" list of supported themes you can see in TN.
So I can not promise we will do something with OTHER themes. May be... in the future...
Also: I agree "should be perfectly OK to use different backgrounds and felt colors" - but right now try to avoid changing.
Example: When you select Black theme in PokerStars client, it comes with green felt. Let it as is.

Bastiat
07-25-2013, 02:09 PM
"Both TN1 and TN2 do NOT support themes you mentioned. The fact they worked in TN1 is a simple coincidence."

Really? I thought you supported Images and No Images Tiltbuster themes. They are listed in your software (both TN1 and TN2). I don't get an error message (both TN1 and TN2). These are standard Tiltbuster Images and No Images themes. Which Tiltbuster themes do you support? Thanks.

Sarek
07-27-2013, 03:05 AM
We support Images and No Images Tiltbuster themes
but not Raven, or Riviera

Bastiat
08-05-2013, 01:18 PM
I had a lot of problems with 2.1.103.0 yesterday. I was using PokerStars Black Theme (the standard, built-in theme) and have all my other Windows settings as they should be but TN2 was not hitting "I'm Back" with any consistency (even though I obviously have it set to auto click) and I ended up sitting out all over the place. And, once again, the mouse was being moved to where there was action even though I don't have "Bring Mouse to Table in Foreground" selected and in fact, I am using "Table Under Mouse" for cycling anyways but it still happens. This is very annoying and makes my job so difficult.

I am really sick of these problems. Is 103 not a stable release? I ask because some of these problems seem worse than in other TN2 versions in the recent past. It is so difficult for me to get screen prints and logs for you when I have 20+ tables going especially when compounded by these problems. Further, TN2 (and TN1 for that matter) is also crashing and in fact, the god's honest truth is that while I was writing this, TN2 "stopped working" (and not Microsoft .NET related as far as I could tell) and crashed even though I have no tables going or anything.

As a side note about TN1 and your applications in general...

I would simply use TN1 but it was having massive Microsoft .NET issues yesterday and it was crashing every few minutes. I completely re-installed (clean install) the latest version of Microsoft .NET on my computer because I was having problems with HM2 having Microsoft .NET crashes (which seem to have gotten a lot better). I do not have Microsoft .NET issues with any other applications except with your applications. In fact, I have not seen a Microsoft .NET caused crashed by any other application other than one of yours in probably 4+ years. To be totally honest with you, your applications are the only ones that I have actually really ever had any real problems with in many, many years.

sideshow
08-05-2013, 01:34 PM
Please let us know when you are available in GMT time. Please remember that we schedule a couple days in advance and need to fit into our schedules. So give us a few days' range of times and notice.

The World Clock - Search Results (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/results.html?query=columbus%2C+oh) This link will help you convert your time.

Please read this important information before our teamviewer session. We cannot do the teamviewer session until all those issues are addressed below:
1 Make sure you have updated your windows using the Windows Update feature Microsoft Windows Update (http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/thanks.aspx?ln=en&&thankspage=5) Please keep checking for updates until windows shows twice five minutes apart that there are no more updates.
2 Please make sure you have access to a good connection, we cannot provide support on really slow connections
3 - Please allow us full access otherwise it slows down the speed at which we can fix the issue
Please download this version, it's the only one compatible with our version.

http://www.holdemmanager.com/teamviewer

After the meeting is set up, then

Please email the ID and password 5-10 minutes before.

Please email support@tableninja.com with a link to this thread and your forum name