PDA

View Full Version : Aliases

Master8
11-15-2008, 04:57 AM
I've read the FAQ about the use of 2 differents aliases.
I've followed the steps. I have now one new name linked to my first alias and the new one. But when I' on cash game or Tourney reports I can't change the name of the player. It's still my first alias that is shown and I can't change it. Can you help me. Thank you.

Al1
11-15-2008, 12:15 PM
I've read the FAQ about the use of 2 differents aliases.
I've followed the steps. I have now one new name linked to my first alias and the new one. But when I' on cash game or Tourney reports I can't change the name of the player. It's still my first alias that is shown and I can't change it. Can you help me. Thank you.

Hi,

First, be sure you have understand the logic of Alias.

When you add an Alias, this is just a Name you can invent, it can be your real name, one of your nicknames, the name of your pet etc...

Now, in this Alias, you add your player nicks.

In the futur, when you will serach your result, all your nicks will be regrouped under the Alias.

To be a little bit illustrative: Alias is the directory and Player are the files in this Directory.

Alias: William
Player: Bob1, Bob2, thelucky bob

If that wasn't the problem. Put a screenshot of the problem please.

Master8
11-15-2008, 02:26 PM
I think I ve understood the logic but I ve probably miss one step. I ve created a new current alias with my real name. Then I ve attached my previous player name and the new one.
But as I said it still the first alias that is shown as "Player" and not my current alias. And I m not able to change it to see my new stats.
I ve attached the 2 screenshots.
Thank you for your help.

Al1
11-15-2008, 02:40 PM
I think I ve understood the logic but I ve probably miss one step. I ve created a new current alias with my real name. Then I ve attached my previous player name and the new one.
But as I said it still the first alias that is shown as "Player" and not my current alias. And I m not able to change it to see my new stats.
I ve attached the 2 screenshots.
Thank you for your help.

Can you try an update:
http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.04beta.exe

And tell it changes something.

Al1
11-15-2008, 02:46 PM
Generally, something like that happens.
http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/8696/asdfasdfmg5.jpg

By the way, when you click the "Change" button, are you clicking on the little arrow or on "Change", it's different.

Master8
11-16-2008, 06:41 AM
It was that simple ! I clicked on the little arrow and not on the word... It works now. Thank you.

Al1
11-16-2008, 07:53 AM
It was that simple ! I clicked on the little arrow and not on the word... It works now. Thank you.

Lol, your welcome!