PDA

View Full Version : Downloading/installing HEM Problems PLEASE HELP!

useless
02-01-2011, 04:51 PM
Hi I bought HEM via Deuces Cracked today. I downloaded Hem and as I am/was a PT3 user so I had some trouble with the PosgreSQL thing and was able to get that sorted thanks to the clear advice offered. (TY)

I then had a message saying I needed .NET Framework: v2.0.50727 when I clicked on HEM. So I downloaded the newest version (.NET Framework:4).

It still said I needed .NET Framework: v2.0.50727. So I came on the forum, found this thread, http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/40912-installing-hem-wont-start-says-need-net-framework.html and followed the instructions.

However it is getting an error as it instals.

I'm using Windows XP.

Please help as I'm in a loop and I'm getting stressed.

useless
02-01-2011, 05:01 PM
This is my error log. (not sure if it's any help?)

[02/01/11,20:09:28] Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0a: [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0a. MSI returned error code 1603
[02/01/11,20:09:54] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0a is not installed.
[02/01/11,20:14:53] Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0a: [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0a. MSI returned error code 1603
[02/01/11,20:15:18] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0a is not installed.
[02/01/11,20:22:22] Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0a: [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0a. MSI returned error code 1603
[02/01/11,20:22:50] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0a is not installed.
[02/01/11,20:33:46] Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0a: [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0a. MSI returned error code 1603
[02/01/11,20:34:11] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0a is not installed.
[02/01/11,20:58:35] Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0a: [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0a. MSI returned error code 1603
[02/01/11,20:59:02] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0a is not installed.

useless
02-01-2011, 06:53 PM
I think this part of an online read me file may explain the problem. It makes no sense to me though. Please help.

Known Issues

2.1 Installing

2.1.1 .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 installation may fail to upgrade .NET Framework 2.0 or 2.0 SP1

.NET Framework 2.0 SP2 installation may fail on a computer that has the .NET Framework 2.0 or 2.0 SP1 installed and is running Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, or Windows 2000.

The .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Setup uninstalls earlier versions of the .NET Framework 2.0 and 2.0 SP1. When Windows Installer uninstalls previous versions, it uses the cached installation database. During the uninstall operation, if Windows Installer cannot find the installation packages for the earlier updates in its cache, or the original source location, the installation fails. If an incomplete rollback occurs, this failure to install may also cause applications that use the .NET Framework to fail.

This problem may occur for either of these reasons:

The Windows Installer cache is missing required files.

The Windows Installer cache has been changed. The cache is critical for repairing, for updating, and for uninstalling products. Therefore, do not remove or modify the contents of the cache. If you change the contents of the cache, you may be prompted for a source when you try to update or to repair Windows Installer-based products.

Sometimes a Windows Installer Patch (.msp) file that Windows Installer expects to find in the cache may not exist. The following are two common reasons why the .msp file may be missing:
- A tool that finds and deletes large files or rarely used files on the hard disk has been run.
- The owner of the %windir%\Installer directory is changed from SYSTEM or from Administrators.

If this issue occurs, the Windows Installer log for the failing installation will show something that resembles the following:
MSI (s) (D0:B0) [19:05:57:843]: Couldn't find local patch 'C:\WINDOWS\Installer\a4784a.msp'. Looking for it at its source.
MSI (s) (D0:B0) [19:05:57:843]: Resolving Patch source.
You can use the Microsoft .NET Framework Registration Correction Tool to resolve this issue when it occurs. The tool fixes this issue by deleting all hotfix or update registrations that are specific to this update so that maintenance installations do not try to load the specific .msp file.

You can also try to fix this issue by rebuilding the installer cache. You can typically find the Knowledge Base number for the hotfix or for the update in the lines that follow "Resolving Patch source," as shown in the following example:
MSI (s) (D0:B0) [19:05:57:859]: SOURCEMGMT: Source is invalid due to missing/inaccessible package.
MSI (s) (D0:B0) [19:05:57:859]: Note: 1: 1706 2: -2147483647 3: NDP20-KB917283-X86.msp

To fix the Windows Installer Cache for this example, follow these steps:
1. Visit the following Microsoft Web site: MS06-033: A vulnerability in ASP.NET could allow information disclosure (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917283) (MS06-033: A vulnerability in ASP.NET could allow information disclosure (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917283)). Note: You can replace the Knowledge Base article number in the URL with the Knowledge Base article number of the hotfix or the update for which you want to fix the Windows Installer cache.
2. Download the update.
3. Extract the .msp file in the hotfix or the update by using the /x command-line switch or the /extract command-line switch.
4. opy the extracted .msp file to the location for the missing file. In this example, the location is %windir%\Installer\a4784a.msp.

The hotfix registration or the update registration may be corrupted.

After a hotfix or an update is installed on a Windows Installer-based product, the hotfix registration or the update registration may become corrupted. This problem can occur because of third-party registry cleaner utilities that remove certain registry keys. These keys include the keys that are meant for internal use by Windows Installer. In this case, the "Resolving Patch source" message in the log reads as follows:
MSI (s) (CC:5C) [03:02:56:181]: Couldn't find local patch ''. Looking for it at its source.
MSI (s) (CC:5C) [03:02:56:181]: Resolving Patch source.
Note: The location of the hotfix or the update is missing in the log message because of the missing hotfix or upate registration information. In this case, a hotfix or an update is still registered to a product. However, location information for the hotfix or update is missing. Although the file may exist, Windows Installer does not know the path of the file that Windows Installer requires to load.

You can use the Microsoft .NET Framework Registration Correction Tool to resolve this issue when it occurs. The tool fixes this issue by deleting all hotfix or update registration that is specific to this service pack so that maintenance installations do not try to load the hotfix or the update package.
To resolve this issue:

If you cannot successfully install .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 and find the "Resolving Patch source" text in the installation log file as described in the "Cause" section, you can download the Microsoft .NET Framework Registration Correction Tool to resolve this issue.

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Registration Correction Tool
The Microsoft .NET Framework Registration Correction Tool resolves both of the issues that the "Cause" section describes.
The following file is available for download on the Microsoft Download Center:

Download the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Registration Correction Tool package now. Download details: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Registration Correction Tool on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, and Windows 2000 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0BA6038C-061E-4B4A-9BE9-96A323701260)

The Microsoft Download Center has one version of the tool for each processor architecture that the .NET Framework 2.0 supports (x86, x64, and IA-64). Most customers run a 32-bit version of the operating system. Therefore, these customers should download and install the x86 version of the tool.
Administrators may also use this utility in scripts by passing either the /q command-line switch or the /quiet command-line switch. In this way, you can run the application in silent mode without using a user interface and without using block scripts.
The tool writes a running log under the %TEMP%\dd_clwireg.txt folder. You can view this log for more information about what the tool is doing.

Notes
- The Microsoft .NET Framework Registration Correction Tool is designed to be used with any current version of the .NET Framework.
- You must be an administrator to run this utility

useless
02-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Now if I click on HEM it says, The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135).

kasertis1
02-01-2011, 08:47 PM
hi, today i downloaded the trial version of holdem manager because i wanted to test the site before buying the pro version. At the begenning of the instalallation, it was tell that the program is searching the hands history but after that nothing worked well. I can't select the name of a player on the menu and reaching the stats, when i try to find the hands history nothing appears. I tried to go on the cash game "reports" option and received that note "you have no selected a player to run the report against" but as i said when i try to enter a player name nothing appear exept this "please enter in part of the players name to search for". please help!

kasertis1
02-01-2011, 08:54 PM
hi, today i downloaded the trial version of holdem manager because i wanted to test the site before buying the pro version. At the begenning of the instalallation, it was tell that the program is searching the hands history but after that nothing worked well. I can't select the name of a player on the menu and reaching the stats, when i try to find the hands history nothing appears. I tried to go on the cash game "reports" option and received that note "you have no selected a player to run the report against" but as i said when i try to enter a player name nothing appear exept this "please enter in part of the players name to search for". please help!

netsrak
02-02-2011, 02:27 PM
@useless: i think your windows installation is totally screwed. If the following doesn't help you should think about a fresh installation of your operating system.

reinstall microsoft .net framework:

1) download and run this uninstaller -
http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip
2) install this one:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe

@kasertis1: this is not the right thread posting your totally different problem. Please create your own thread.
HM can only import english handhistories - i suggest you start with the beginners guides in our FAQ. FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Holdem Manager Quick Start Guide (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/21/Holdem+Manager+Quick+Start+Guide)