PDA

View Full Version : hud freezing everything

The_Closer
02-01-2011, 07:09 AM
Sony Vaio notebook Win Vista 32 bit, Home prem. 3g RAM (4g after Wed.)

HM version 1.11.05e

The last several days HM has repeatedly caused freezes to itself (the hud) and my poker clients. :(
It seems to be affecting the "Desktop Window Manager" I believe.
Although, I'm no computer expert.

Basically what happens is:

While playing, my hud stats will completely freeze as well as all poker tables.

Even if I close and re-boot all poker clients the hud stats will stay frozen on my desktop in the same places. A lot of times I will not be able to maximize HM from the taskbar either. I have also closed the table manager and still had the hud stats there. :confused:

EVERY time it happens I have to close the "HMHud.exe" through the actual task manager.
Moments after closing it, my tables will un-freeze.
Of course, by this point I have been timed out and the best hand is folded with most of my chips in the pot. :mad:

The only other factor for me to personally troubleshoot this is; I have been playing a few cash tables and sng's for approx. an hr and 1/2... and it has not happened.
Previously, I had thought it may be caused by the volume of MTT tables I was playing. Today I played only a cpl MTT's and it happened repeatedly regardless. That being said, one of the MTT's was a ME on FTP.
(my hud has been working for those, other than this problem)

Is that what's causing this?? ME MTT's?

I added 1g of RAM already thinking that was it. Adding 1 more Wed. when it arrives. However, I monitored my system pretty closely and that was not the problem unfortunately.

If it's the ME's, I know "It'll be fixed soon..." I'll just run PT3 when playing those.

I just need to know what the problem is, because it's costing me equity in tourneys and $ in cash games.

Thanks

The_Closer
02-02-2011, 10:02 PM
??? Response please? Been since 3am yesterday....?

The_Closer
02-03-2011, 02:16 AM
How is it that people that posted after me have replies, but I don't?

This was effectively posted Monday night. It's Wednesday night...

netsrak
02-03-2011, 05:12 AM
Are you using any 3rd party firewall, anti-spyware, adaware, tuning or registry cleaning programs? And if yes which ones?

Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files(X86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder (or something similar depending on your installation). It may be just called holdemmanager if you've extenstions turned off.

The_Closer
02-03-2011, 05:51 AM
I am using AVG 9.0
(latest version-updated)

I've been using AVG for a long time, and it has never affected it.
Why would it now?

I made all exceptions to the firewall, defender, and AVG, etc. (a while ago)
even thought the defender and firewall are both turned off. I'm only actually running AVG.

The only other programs for cleaning ,etc. were the ones recommended here.
(power defrag, and "crap cleaner")

I just upgraded to 4g RAM, it's definitely not that.

.config file attached

-TY

netsrak
02-03-2011, 10:24 AM
Virusscanners automatically install regular updates but i don't think thats the reason in your case.

The file you attached is not the right one. I need the file holdemmanager.config which is located in the config subfolder.

The_Closer
02-03-2011, 10:29 AM
Oops! Sorry. Had a feelin that wasn't the right one :o

Thank you,

Donnie

The_Closer
02-04-2011, 07:59 AM
Okay, now it's freezing and shutting down the ftp client while I'm playing cash.

This has already cost me more $ than I actually payed for HM.

It's still def the hud screwing everything up.

Everything froze, and black boxes the size of the tables appeared w/ the hud stats frozen there. The boxes block anything on the desktop.

I can move my tables from behind these, but they remain frozen. I have to close the program through the task manager and they all come back with me folded out/sitting out.

Or it just freezes and shuts down the poker client(s).

SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

help plz

netsrak
02-04-2011, 09:30 AM
The configuration looks fine for me.

Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.