PDA

View Full Version : Transferring HEM from a backup hard disk

choostock
01-31-2011, 11:24 PM
After my motherboard needed replacing I have had a clean reinstall of Windows XP. I have all my old data on a backup hard disk.
I have tried simply transferring HEM and postgreSQL onto my c drive but when I try to open it the database does not connect properly (127.0.0.1).
What is the best way to get my old data onto my clean c drive?

Fishin4money
01-31-2011, 11:41 PM
I'm just a customer so take it with a grain of salt.

But what I did when I added an SSD and needed to reformat old drives was I made a backup, moved it to an external, then after installing hem and pstgres all new on the new system, moved the BU to the new drive and did a HEM restore.

Worked really cleanly.

Patvs
02-01-2011, 12:01 AM
Since you get a "not connect properly (127.0.0.1)" error you should first focus on getting SQL up and running:

This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

---

To restore your old database, you have two options:
-backup and restore your database: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Backup & Restore Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup+%26+Restore+Database)
-or reimport all the original handhistories into a new empty database.

U_Been_Savved
02-01-2011, 12:44 AM
Since you get a "not connect properly (127.0.0.1)" error you should first focus on getting SQL up and running:

This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

---

To restore your old database, you have two options:
-backup and restore your database: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Backup & Restore Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup+%26+Restore+Database)
-or reimport all the original handhistories into a new empty database.

I had the same problem with that 127.0.0.1, but reinstalled the combo pack but only selected the postgreSQL and it worked to load HEM, but I lost all my hands and hud, but when I go to file for importing it still has the same folders I've used in the past.

Any idea how I can get all my past hands back and hud?

netsrak
02-01-2011, 10:02 AM
You should have a old data folder somewhere. To get this back you need to reinstall a standalone postgresql following this: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Reinstall PostgreSQL Preserving Old Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/71/Reinstall+PostgreSQL+Preserving+Old+Database)

choostock
02-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the help. It turned out there was a simple solution as the problem was that I didnt realise that just transferring my postgreSQL database wouldnt work and I had to install postgreSQL and then transfer the old Data folder into the new one.