PDA

View Full Version : TN2 not even close to being finished

lysandernight
07-03-2013, 09:29 AM
There are still massive problems with TN2 and it isn't even close to being ready to replace TN1.

The most basic functionality still has huge bugs, making multi-tabling impossible.

I have tried to use it every day for the last two months ensuring each time that I am using the latest version and every time it is a disaster.

In particular the table control has so many significant bugs that it irreparably disrupts every single session midway through. Specifically, the cycle to first in line breaks down after a short time and won't resume no matter how many hotkeys are pressed. In each case the hotkey either stops functioning completely and/or there is a bug in the table cycling. This applies to both stacked and custom layouts.

This is only ONE example, there have been countless bugs such as this over the past two months and only a handful have been fixed. Do you not test this yourselves before you release it?

The product is still vastly inferior to TN1 and only when it is at least as reliable should TN1 support be stopped.

Why did you publish a product like this when you clearly knew it wasn't even close to being ready?

Do you not realise the damage these bugs do to people's income and livelihoods? It is clear from their posts that even when people, including myself, have tested your product thoroughly on a handful of tables it still manages to break down mid-way through a session causing untold loss of income.

Is your company really that short of cash that it has to resort to tactics like this?

Those are questions specifically for your CEO Jim Varnon.

I have used your other products for three years and I am absolutely furious with this.

sideshow
07-03-2013, 02:18 PM
In particular the table control has so many significant bugs that it irreparably disrupts every single session midway through. Specifically, the cycle to first in line breaks down after a short time and won't resume no matter how many hotkeys are pressed. In each case the hotkey either stops functioning completely and/or there is a bug in the table cycling. This applies to both stacked and custom layouts.

This should be working what version are you using the latest version is 2.1.47 if it is still not working in this version i would like to setup a tv session with you to take a look at your settings.

This is only ONE example, there have been countless bugs such as this over the past two months and only a handful have been fixed. Do you not test this yourselves before you release it?

The Majority of users are using TN2 without issues, a lot of these issues that are reported only come to light as more people begin using it. Once TN2 was announced we had a big increase in users and this brought several new bugs to our attention.

A lot of these type of issues are isolated to specific setups as there are lots of combinations of 3rd party software, AHK scripts, operating systems etc and even if we delayed development these would still not come to light until more people started using it.

Not all the bugs fall into this category but we are really working hard to get them fixed as soon as possible. If there is any bugs you feel are not fixed yet please let me know and i can check and get an update for you.

sideshow
07-03-2013, 02:24 PM
I'm trying to use the stack size in BB and M for NL tournaments, but:

1) Nothing is displayed unless I click "allow frames"
2) When I do click "allow frames", only one can be displayed
3) They appear in huge red font and nowhere near where I selected
4) There is no option to change the font colour or size

This is completely unusable and there's no way you should discontinue support for TN1 until this is at least the same standard as the original

In regards to the above issues you have reported

1+2) These are both related I will talk with the developer on this and try and speed it up
3+4) These are both fixed in build 2.1.47.0

brbrbr
07-09-2013, 09:47 PM
In regards to the above issues you have reported
3+4) These are both fixed in build 2.1.47.0

I have 2.1.38, but clicking "Get latest version" says I have the latest version. Even your updater is not working correctly.

sideshow
07-10-2013, 05:47 AM
The latest version is 2.1.38 the 2.1.47.0 is beta can you update to this version http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/TNv2Setup2.1.80.msi

Let me know if you have any further problems

lysandernight
07-17-2013, 08:06 AM
Can you email me a new trial license key?

All the problems above are still there even after updating and I've seen these noted in other threads. Specifically the bringing of new windows to the top when using PS and FT at the same time is absolutely disastrous and breaks down irreparably after only a short time and the bet sizing breaks down completely on both sites after a brief period. This is the case for stacked, none and custom layouts.

I'm not comfortable with a web session, in light of all the bugs in TN2 I don't trust you with my computer.

Sarek
07-17-2013, 05:16 PM
please email to support@tableninja.com using address you registered on HM site

lysandernight
07-19-2013, 06:08 AM
please email to support@tableninja.com using address you registered on HM site

Email sent, please can you chase this asap.

lysandernight
07-19-2013, 06:11 AM
Email sent, please chase asap

Sarek
07-19-2013, 03:11 PM
If I understood correct - done.

Bastiat
07-23-2013, 10:58 AM
"The Majority of users are using TN2 without issues..."

I am sorry but how do you (sideshow) know this? I totally disagree and I am disappointed that you would make a statement like this and I would like to know what evidence you have to suggest a (capitalized) "Majority" are not having issues? I know a lot of people who have had tons of problems with TN2 but they are waiting for the all clear from others and by monitoring these forums. They have bought TN2 but are still using TN1. Maybe, they try it again here and there but they simply return to what works (TN1). In fact, I have never talked to a single person who said they thought TN2 worked fine and I have like 20+ friends who are MTT players that I talk to on a regular basis. Please let me know and I can do a poll of them for you today. I also see your thread on 2+2 where people are going ballistic over TN2. I don't see anyone defending your product and saying that it works great and in fact, there were lots of issues still coming in before you took it out of beta (which I believe was mid-May) so I don't understand (other than financial) why your product was released. This forum... TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars - Page 589 - Commercial Software -- Two Plus Two Poker Forums (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/167/commercial-software/tableninja-hotkeys-utilities-pokerstars-358599/index589.html)

Usually, there are those positive comment people are around (although not many) so I would like to know how you came to the conclusion that "The Majority" (as you put it) of TN2 users are using it without issues because you have not heard negative comments from them or because you have not heard from them at all? lol, that is not very scientific if so. I don't see much public love out there for your product but maybe you are getting a huge influx of love to your email or PM box and that is how you can make this statement. I am very interested. I see this forum and like 1100 posts since mid-May in the 2+2 thread above and I see no love except for the occasional fix of a specific issue. I am almost always (95%+ of the time) using TN1 now because I can't deal with these bugs. I think that if you don't correct all of these problems outlined by me and others before you discontinue support of TN1, then you will get a better idea as to the problems TN2 is causing for people.

Also, by the way, most people don't voice their concerns they typically either use an older product if possible or look for a different product either way they stop using your product. They are like this guy (except he said something)... Two Plus Two Poker Forums - View Single Post - TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost.php?p=39447736&postcount=9950) which is like most of my friends, too. I think they say for every person that calls their Congressperson or Senator in the US, they roughly multiple it times 100. It is different here for sure but it is still probably a very, very small minority of the people with issues actually voicing them.

I think TN2 should never been released until it worked at least as well as TN1 and TNFT worked combined. This "beta testing" on us does cost us money and I am really appalled especially with statements like this one you made. Your company did this with HM2 also. I waited like 1.5 years after HM2 came out until I got the all clear from my friends before I bought HM2 and so many others were very disappointed but many didn't say anything publicly. I am also very disappointed in this whole process seems to be repeating itself with TN2. Who's decision was it to take TN2 out of beta? I hope it was an executive decision that overrode your support and development staff.

sideshow
07-23-2013, 02:58 PM
These are the issues you are reporting from reviewing your previous posts on here, I will be more than happy to work with you on addressing any bugs not reported on this forum that you are having issues with.

Open issues which we are still working on:
HM-7190 - TN2 Auto Handles Tournament Registration Popup in FTP even if Option is unticked in TN2

Ones that are resolved
Never sit out this should work what site are you playing on? If poker-stars what theme are you using?
Cursor jumping to the table this is also fixed

The initial reaction to the price was very negative and we took that on board and made significant changes to the pricing, we introduced a new lite version for people that play lower stakes. We have also extended the date of TN1 expiry. Since then as you can see from 2+2 if you go back through the last week there was only 13 posts. Over 30% of those were general issues like resetting trials, only 1 bug was posted about TN2 while 4 issues were reported on TN1 in the same time and there was also a couple of issues with users misunderstanding how a feature worked or something was not setup correctly.

While we are not saying all bugs are fixed and not denying the fact that we have had negative feedback during the initial launch, all software out there will have new and old bugs to fix. That's just a how software goes, and it is affects TN2 more than usual, because we are at the mercy of 3rd party software that we support and a lot of bugs are caused by their updates and outside of our control. Initially there were more bugs than we expected, because of the huge increase from beta users to most existing customers. That brought to light many bugs that are just really difficult to catch: there are so many combinations of variables like Operating systems, 3rd party software, cultural settings, devices like xbox controllers etc.

Looking back when we initially announced pricing and the launch of TN2 there was a lot of negative posts, in comparison some days we had 50-100 posts in a day compared with only 13 for the whole week now. Since the initial launch we have put a lot of effort into fixing the bugs brought to our attention and also on addressing peoples issues with the pricing and the expiry date of TN1 support. While we agree that there is still several issues affecting people the reduction in posts and negative comments in the last week do show the big improvement that we have made.

From my dealing with support issues on a daily basis both on the forums and via email the majority of customers are not having Major issues even though it might not be bug free and some issues may still affect them. As you seen on 2+2 there was more TN1 issues reported in the last week than with TN2. We also have being posting a hit list of bugs on 2+2 that we are working on next and the vast majority of those have being fixed.