PDA

View Full Version : Created a new database in Postgres but can't see it

Spec
01-29-2011, 08:48 PM
I created a new database in PostGres to import some hands but in HM, when I go to database management, the window Database Control Panel doesn't show that new database. I can only see the actual one and another one where I have done some analysis.

Patvs
01-29-2011, 09:25 PM
Which SQL version do you have installed?
You only have one SQL installation using one port (5432)?

Did you RESTORE a .backup file to the new database created in pgadminIII??
(was the backup created using the same version as SQL, as the SQL version currently running?)

Spec
01-29-2011, 10:08 PM
Hi Patvs

Better to forget this by now. I think my postgress or HM just screwed up because I started to experience multiple problems:
- HUD not displaying
- Imported hands not showing in reports
- Tried to create a new DB to see if imported hands could be seen but then no recognition of the new DB (as described)

I suspect this was after I used CCleaner this morning because last night everything was OK.

On the top of this I have for a long time problems with the optimization (which ends in time out) that could not be solved neither with the vacum + reindex nor with a new database restore a couple of weeks ago.

I was avoiding it but all this was the trigger for a complete uni stall of both HM and Postgres. I've done that and I'm now restoring an old backup so fingers crossed.

By the way, very strange that after I completely uninstalled HM and PG (really uninstall with Redvo, even the registry entries, all folders, etc.) and made a restart of the PC I was not prompted for a licence in HM.